170 POUNDS

Options
2»

Replies

• chunkeystudent
    Options
    thank you! I know I have been lazy this year as I have been studying and not having time to visit the gym etc.
    What exercise/ training have women found most effective for toning legs and stomach as these are my least favourite! :( xx
  • chunkeystudent
    Options
    and I will start eating more calories as soon as I start working out! How much should a 5'7/5'8 weigh? I was 150ish in the top photo as I hide weight very well (THANK GOD)! xx
  • chunkeystudent
    Options
    Those are some tight panties! ;-) You look great!

But if you want to lose a little body fat, CUT THE CARBOHYDRATES.

It is the only real solution.

Aim for 72 grams of carbs - strictly - per day, and everything else is automatic.

The amazing thing is that after a few weeks, you'll only WANT to eat 72 grams of carbs a day. And then you'll very easily lose any fat, quite quickly.

it was a bikini I could fit into nicely before this year! wanted to highlight the weight gain ha
  • Nicolette_Karls
    Options
    and I will start eating more calories as soon as I start working out! How much should a 5'7/5'8 weigh? I was 150ish in the top photo as I hide weight very well (THANK GOD)! xx

There's a big discrepancy for people of your height. A healthy weigh falls anywhere from about 130 to 160lbs. I would aim for 135. Best workout routines involve a balance of cardio and heavy lifting. Depending on how often you plan on working out will dictate the number of calories you should be eating. For someone of your age/height/weight, right now if you did no workouts, you would need to eat about 1450 calories a day. However, if you plan on lifting weights (which burns a lot of calories in the long run!) or working out, then the calories go up. For example, working out 3 times a week, your daily caloric intake should be around 1650.

I know that 1450 and 1650 seem like massive numbers compared to the 1200 you're not quite making right now. However, if you fill your body with high protein, low sodium foods, the weight should start to work its way off. Additionally, make sure you're drinking at least 8 cups of water a day. A lot of weight gain has to do with water weight caused by too much sodium buildup in the body.

Also, I would definitely recommend eating more than 3 meals a day. I have found that eating three meals with a snack between each works very well. I eat a smaller breakfast, have a snack, eat a moderate lunch, another snack, a bigger dinner, and whatever calories I need to eat yet are made up in my pre-bedtime snack. Just find an eating system that works well for you.

Good luck! =)