Toning Arms

Options
I was wondering if anyone has suggestions for toning arms, preferably without weights (because I don't have access to any at the moment)

I've lost a decent amount of weight in the last few months, but while my stomach and legs seem smaller (judging by my clothing), my arms are still the same size. My mom has suggested that I might have loose skin. Is it possible to tighten loose skin without surgery?

Thank you :)

Replies

• armoredcore
    armoredcore Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    My sis asked me the same thing, so I bought her strecth bands. Just use them as you would with weights. Hopefully it will work for you as it did for her. Congrats!
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    Most anything that you do that involves working the muscles, must be done with weights of some sort... be it body weight, dumbbells, barbells, etc.

Google at home workouts for arms and see what you can come up with. In a pinch you could even use things like soup cans, milk jugs filled with water/sand.. it doesn't have to specifically be a dumbbell/barbell, but it has to provide some sort of resistance.
  • Robin_Bin
    Robin_Bin Posts: 1,046 Member
    Options
    A 24 oz water bottle is approximately a 1 1/2 pound weight when filled. There are many household objects that could be used as light or starting weights, if you want.

I'm not an expert, but try other resistance or weight bearing exercises. For instance in another thread someone mentioned push-ups... starting with push-ups against a wall, building up through the bent knee push-ups to straight legs. That's also weight bearing -- your weight.

Pushing and pulling things are exercise. Instead of a rowing machine, how about rowing a boat? (I don't have regular access to a boat, but you get the idea I hope.)

Hold your arms up for a minute - in front of you, to your sides, elbows together and in front of you in an arm curl, instead of external weights, use your arm's own weight and time.
    Lift things up and lower them... books, children's toys, cans of tomato sauce.
    If you have access to a pool, an empty gallon milk jug (plastic, cleaned out and with the lid on) acts like approximately an 8 pound weight when you try to push it under water.
    If you have a yard, dig. Push the shovel into the earth. (Use both arms or alternate.)

Good luck!
  • hbrittingham
    hbrittingham Posts: 2,518 Member
    Options
    Planks and pushups.