Waist: 31.5
    Hips: 40
    Thighs: 24
    Arms: 11.8
    Chest: 38

Workout:

60 Minutes Yoga
    52 Minutes Elliptical Trainer
    75 Minutes Weight Training (Full Body; Legs, Arms, Back, and Core)
    49 Minutes Walking
    20 Minutes Stretching
    150 Minutes Cleaning

Calories Burned: 2774

As for my food intake, I am quite proud of myself! I have been making choices to up my protein intake and of course, choices to lower my sugar intake. I am also shooting for lowering my sodium! Lots of Tuna :) Whole Grain Rice, Protein Shakes, Peanut Butter (natural), Fruits, Veggies, and Low Sodium Black Beans! :) Not to mention, trying to get more Fiber in my diet, also!

I am still at work, so my water is increasing. I am hoping to get between 18-20 glasses of water down total (I am at 13 glasses at the time of writing this).

How did you all do today?

OH! And by the way, I started my own Instagram account for this challenge. I figured it would help me in regards to keeping my photographs and keeping my updates!

Username: missheatherfitness

Took my Day 1 photos (front, side, and rear view). Figured I can use that to keep my updates! Anyone wanting to do the same, feel free to join me! I use Instagram with another account usually... I just made a new one for this challenge, specifically! :)

wow is that what u do in a day or a wk?? thats tonnes of exercise, well done u puts my 20mins 30ds and my 2hrs of walking a day to shame!! lol
  • pars1981
    pars1981 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Hey is there still time to join this? If so I would like to be in. Jiust back after injury so looking for a little bit of extra motivation! I'm on my phone just now so will come back later with all the lowdown and check in. Here's to a fit and ffabulous May!
  • herownkindofwonderfull
    herownkindofwonderfull Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    30 Day Push - Day 1 Checkin

Weigh in: 190 lbs

Workout:

60 Minutes Yoga
    49 Minutes Walking
    20 Minutes Stretching
    150 Minutes Cleaning

As for my food intake, I am quite proud of myself! I have been making choices to up my protein intake and of course, choices to lower my sugar intake. I am also shooting for lowering my sodium! Lots of Tuna :) Whole Grain Rice, Protein Shakes, Peanut Butter (natural), Fruits, Veggies, and Low Sodium Black Beans! :) Not to mention, trying to get more Fiber in my diet, also!

I am still at work, so my water is increasing. I am hoping to get between 18-20 glasses of water down total (I am at 13 glasses at the time of writing this).

OH! And by the way, I started my own Instagram account for this challenge. I figured it would help me in regards to keeping my photographs and keeping my updates!

Took my Day 1 photos (front, side, and rear view). Figured I can use that to keep my updates! Anyone wanting to do the same, feel free to join me! I use Instagram with another account usually... I just made a new one for this challenge, specifically! :)

wow is that what u do in a day or a wk?? thats tonnes of exercise, well done u puts my 20mins 30ds and my 2hrs of walking a day to shame!! lol

Haha that's in a day. ;) I have a tendency to have an extreme amount of energy when I get to the gym. I feel the only way I can truly wipe myself out is with extreme weight lifting or of course, running.. but the elliptical, uphill walking, etc makes me sweat but only gives me MORE energy. Crazy, huh? I felt I could have done more today, honestly... but I go to school and work full time, so that's not really the option. There is also the deal that I am really trying to push myself with this 30 Day Push... I designed a program for myself (Monday through Saturday exercise plans 2-4 hours long) to do throughout the month. Hopefully I can do it all!
  • herownkindofwonderfull
    Options
    Hey is there still time to join this? If so I would like to be in. Jiust back after injury so looking for a little bit of extra motivation! I'm on my phone just now so will come back later with all the lowdown and check in. Here's to a fit and ffabulous May!

Hey! Feel free to join!! If you had a good day yesterday (5/1), just fill in what you need to for that day! Or, if you'd like, you can even start today (5/2) and go through 5/31 as opposed through 5/30 :)
  • Prestonsmumma
    Prestonsmumma Posts: 117 Member
    Options

Workout:

60 Minutes Yoga
    49 Minutes Walking
    20 Minutes Stretching
    150 Minutes Cleaning

Haha that's in a day. ;) I have a tendency to have an extreme amount of energy when I get to the gym. I feel the only way I can truly wipe myself out is with extreme weight lifting or of course, running.. but the elliptical, uphill walking, etc makes me sweat but only gives me MORE energy. Crazy, huh? I felt I could have done more today, honestly... but I go to school and work full time, so that's not really the option. There is also the deal that I am really trying to push myself with this 30 Day Push... I designed a program for myself (Monday through Saturday exercise plans 2-4 hours long) to do throughout the month. Hopefully I can do it all!
    wow thats sssoooo good, its jst made me wanna push myself that lil bit more too, thanx for that bit of motivation, and well done u keep it up ur gonna have great results at the end of it!! :bigsmile:
  • LilacDreamer
    LilacDreamer Posts: 1,365 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm so going to join you guys. Yesterday i was around 237, but since i've already eaten today i will weigh myself tomorrow.

Are there any good tips for taking measurements? I've been here 3 months and I still don't know how to do it right.
  • neverstray
    neverstray Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    I guess I don't get it. This is what I do everyday.
  • herownkindofwonderfull
    Options
    Hi! I'm so going to join you guys. Yesterday i was around 237, but since i've already eaten today i will weigh myself tomorrow.

Are there any good tips for taking measurements? I've been here 3 months and I still don't know how to do it right.

Hey! & Welcome! :)

To answer your measurements question... :)

Bust: Don't squish yourself -- measure all the way around your bust and back right at your nipple line, and make sure the tape measure is not lower.

Chest: Measure under your breasts but as high up as you can go, keeping the tape measure parallel to this line when you reach it around your back.

Waist: Measure wherever it is the smallest (if you have "no waist" go around yourself right at the navel line).

Hips: Measure at the very biggest part -- even if that is so low that you are almost on the top of your thighs.

Thighs: Measure wherever they are the biggest.

Knees: Measure right above the knee.

Calves: Measure wherever they are the biggest.

Upper arm: Measure wherever they are biggest above your elbows.

Forearms: Measure wherever they are biggest below your elbows.
  • herownkindofwonderfull
    Options

good for you! :)

i always feel that I can do a little more, but stop because of time etc. or not wanting to try new routines. sooooo........ here I am :)
  • neverstray
    neverstray Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options

good for you! :)

i always feel that I can do a little more, but stop because of time etc. or not wanting to try new routines. sooooo........ here I am :)

Makes sense then. I think if I pushed any harder I'd have a heart attack.
  • rchupka87
    rchupka87 Posts: 543 Member
    Options

Workout:

60 Minutes Yoga
    49 Minutes Walking
    20 Minutes Stretching
    150 Minutes Cleaning

Um - you go to school, and work full time, and still work out for over 6 and a half hours?!?! Do you sleep? Are you Superman? I am in awe right now....
  • rchupka87
    rchupka87 Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    And PS. I'm in. :)
  • herownkindofwonderfull
    Options

Workout:

60 Minutes Yoga
    49 Minutes Walking
    20 Minutes Stretching
    150 Minutes Cleaning

Um - you go to school, and work full time, and still work out for over 6 and a half hours?!?! Do you sleep? Are you Superman? I am in awe right now....

A few days a week, I only get about 4-5 hours of sleep which sucks but I make the most of it. I try for 7-8 the other days, and give myself one sleep in day (usually on my rest day - Sunday!).

I go to school from about noon until about 3... work out from about 3:30-7:30... go home, shower, make a protein shake, and head to work (10pm-6am). I eat lunch and dinner at work... and usually get in a load of cleaning and count the calories (i'm set to sedentary on here), as well as about another 40ish minutes of walking (probably more, but whatever). Home by 7... bed by 7:30 ish.

lol so that's it in a nutshell! For a while I was making the excuse that I had no time for working out, and I am trying to make my gym time more of a priority. of course, if I have a ton of schoolwork to do and I cant get it done between work/school, I will reduce my hours at the gym.... otherwise, it works! for now. :)
  • Sc8356
    Sc8356 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hi all! Checking in for day two. Yesterday was great, I did a seven mile run and burned 593 calories and then did an hour of yoga (didn't wear my HRM). I ate allbut 54 calories and feel great today. I am working out with my trainer at 9:00 am and I generally burn upwards of 600 calories.

My starting weight yesterday was 129.5 (goal 123)

Have a great day!
  • herownkindofwonderfull
    Options
    Hi all! Checking in for day two. Yesterday was great, I did a seven mile run and burned 593 calories and then did an hour of yoga (didn't wear my HRM). I ate allbut 54 calories and feel great today. I am working out with my trainer at 9:00 am and I generally burn upwards of 600 calories.

My starting weight yesterday was 129.5 (goal 123)

Have a great day!

way to go!! :D
  • herownkindofwonderfull
    Options
    Day 2 Successful (so far, any way! My day isn't over until 7am or so TOMORROW :X)
    I woke up SORE SORE SORE from all of that weight training yesterday. But, I pushed myself to get up and make it out to the track with my dog, Dude. He and I ran/walked about 7 miles in about 2 hours. Some miles were ran, some were walked, and some were a mix of both. I pushed myself to KEEP GOING even when I was getting bored or tired. I even SPRINTED for the first time in quite some time! Woohoo! I stretched about 20 minutes and will probably stretch throughout my shift at work outside of my cleaning/walking/other duties. Hoping tomorrow isn't too bad, as it is supposed to be a weight training day. I am, however, also taking a yoga class so that I'm sure will help (and that will DEFINITELY be before lifting!!!)

as for today...

Workout:

120 minutes walking/jogging
    20 minutes stretching
    35 minutes walking (work walk)
    120 minutes cleaning (both work and home)

Calories Burned: 1522 :)

Food:
    ate a full breakfast of eggs, toast, peanut butter, and a banana! lunch was a mixture of an after workout protein shake and 2 servings of whole wheat pasta with some tomato/basil sauce... and some parmesan cheese :) . dinner hasn't hit yet... but most likely I will be eating what I ate for dinner last night... whole grain rice, black beans (low sodium), lettuce, salsa, avocado (probably a whole one today).... maybe some sour cream. :) to snack.... tuna and triscuits! maybe an apple or two, also.

I noticed ALREADY a change in my day 2 picture, as opposed to my day 1 picture. very very slight, of course, but still a difference! It's going to be cool to watch this throughout the month! Also, it was my first day in FOREVER not stepping on a scale. This may be a long month because of that reason... :X and the soreness, as I'm not used to lifting!
  • Prestonsmumma
    Options
    REALLY, REALLY not happy its 7am on day 4 and i have somehow put on 9lb......WTF!!! so going for a 6 mile brisk walk, doing day 4 of the 30ds, and then do a 5k run on the tready!!! im sssoooo not happy right now!! but hey at least thats pushed me even more!! lol :sad: :happy:
  • pars1981
    Options

Hey! Feel free to join!! If you had a good day yesterday (5/1), just fill in what you need to for that day! Or, if you'd like, you can even start today (5/2) and go through 5/31 as opposed through 5/30 :)

Great!! Yes I think that I'll start from 5/2 through to 5/31. I wasnt able to get back on yesterday so heres what I have from yesterday.

Day1 Check in.
    Weight 137lbs
    waist 33in
    hips 35in
    thighs 22.5in
    arms 12in
    chest 36in

workout.
    walking 45mins
    running 19 mins.
    weight training (legs/arms) 30mins approx
    cals burned 266cals

food.
    mmm... not so great. too many snacks, which are my downfall. yesterday was an in and out day all day, so i never found the time to grab something proper to eat until dinner time. now dinner time I am proud of as it was all homamade, even my the pancakes!! and my kids eat everything-which is always a plus, as they can be quite picky.
    anyway today seems to be going a bit better. the sun is out, and I have spent some time with the kids in the garden. I shall report back later, with hopefully, good news!!
  • Prestonsmumma
    Options
    ok so day 4 i really pushed myself and did a 5mile brisk walk and day4 of the 30ds and burnt 1050 calories, really pleased with that, today is not gonna be as good but ive already done day5 of the shred, done a lil bit of walking, but really have to catch up on my housework!! lol im gonna get that 9 lb off if it kills me!! lol

happy friday everyone!! :bigsmile:
  • pars1981
    Options
    well yesterday was not good exercise wise-though I did do alot of walking! food wise ok, again not great-lots of fatty foods but I know that when I go to my parents thats my treat for the week!

Today, I am taking my son down to his friends in a bit, then going down to my parents again so gonna bus it halfway and walk the rest. Then this evening Ill fit my weight training in.