WTH?

Options
I am getting really frustrated. The last few days I have exercised my butt off and eaten well (I think) and I have gained 4 lbs! Is there anyone who can take a look at my diet and exercise and tell me what I may be doing wrong? Any advice would really be appreciated. Thank You :)

Replies

• jehembee
    jehembee Posts: 114
    Options
    It's going to sound crazy, but you need to eat more of your calories. If you burn 1000 calories, you need to eat at least 500.
  • hanna6774
    hanna6774 Posts: 225
    Options
    You are not eating enough.
  • megsmom2
    megsmom2 Posts: 2,362 Member
    Options
    yup, what they said! Eat back at least some of those calories.
  • therealangd
    therealangd Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    Your weight gain is water and more than likely due to the increased working out. It will go away in a couple of days.
  • HMonsterX
    HMonsterX Posts: 3,000 Member
    Options
    Your weight gain is water and more than likely due to the increased working out. It will go away in a couple of days.

This.
  • Klamber26
    Klamber26 Posts: 212
    Options
    I would definitely up the protein, especially since you are exercising. Most days you were below 100g.
  • jimsuzy
    jimsuzy Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I need to eat more??? Ok, I can do this! :)
  • jimsuzy
    jimsuzy Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    How many grams of protein would you suggest?
  • huntindawg1962
    huntindawg1962 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    I need to eat more??? Ok, I can do this! :)

Look - you have been on here since March - already down 21 lbs! You are "exercising your butt off for the last few days" and noticing a weight gain. That is most likely water. Don't change anything - you are not gaining fat if you are eating in a deficit.

Why change up anything INCLUDING eating more just yet?
  • dansls1
    dansls1 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    I'm a fan of eating more consistently - instead of looking at day to day net calories, look at a couple weeks. Figure out how much you should eat and how much you exercise off - then set a daily calorie goal based on the weekly numbers- I would guess 1400-1500 per day. Try to eat that consistently, not eat more on exercise days and less on days off. Just my humble opinion - but I think it confuses your metabolism to eat 2000 calories one day and 1200 the next over and over again.
  • GetFitDad
    GetFitDad Posts: 7
    Options
    I can't see your profile, but people's weight bounce around a lot, especially women. I'm pretty sure eating too little will not make you gain weight short term, it will just freak your body out and make things a lot harder. Do make sure you are eating enough calories and meals, so you are safe and healthy though. (I've read women should never eat less than something like 1200 calories no matter what how much weight they are trying to lose.)

Anyway, like most people said, it's probably water. Salty foods, hormones, and diet sodas can all make you retain water. On top of that, the time of day you weigh in has a big effect on your weight...

Oh, and maybe it's your scale? I have an expensive digital one and it can be very inconsistent and annoying.

So like hintindawg196 said, you are doing great, keep up the good work, and don't worry about one week.

KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!
  • bigd65
    bigd65 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    your total calories where 1344 - 1072 =272 calories for your body to live on. Your body is not going to drop weight if its only getting that many calories, It might when you first start but it will adjust and slow down. If you are at a deficit already and should be eating 1344 and then take away another 1072 you body has no fuel. You do need to eat more. search the forums there are a lot of smart people on here that give great info. I would eat more and why burn so many calories eat normal and burn 500 or 1000 cals a day to create your deficit, I laugh when people restrict their calories and then burn a ton of calories the deficit can be from calorie reduction or through exercise why go crazy on both, it will not make things go faster without enough calories.
  • bigd65
    bigd65 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    wow April 20th you ate 1590 and burned off 1507 and most days you are averaging around 700 cals, search bmr and tdee and read some articles about severe calorie restriction, I am guessing your trying to lose weight quickly, because this will never last, Just trying to help