Full Body Workout Routine help

Options
roy987
roy987 Posts: 11 Member
Hi,

Been a part of MFP for almost 2 months now. Initially I only used the mobile app to track calories, but slowly started to become a part of the community :-)

At 5f 7in and 71kgs I wasn't exactly overweight when I started out 2 months ago but I was totally out of shape. My diet was poor and exercise was non-existent. So for the last two months I've been tracking calories and going to the gym five days a week.

I normally aim for about 30-40 mins of cardio and work one body part every day. The results have been moderate-good. I've lost about 5kgs (11pounds) and feel a lot fitter overall.

Now the trouble is I would be starting work this Monday and would not be able to go to the gym daily. That pretty much means I can't continue with my existing one body part a day routine. So a little bit of research led me 'The Total Body Workout' where you're expected to have 2 sets of full body routines carried out alternatively 3 days a week. But I couldn't really find a good routine I could follow and achieve in about 20 mins (plus 15 mins of cardio)

Would be great if someone here with experience could help me with the same. I'm basically aiming for slow weight loss and toning. I don't lift very heavy (no bench pressing yet) and I have access to a normal gym with the regular facilities (nothing super fancy)

Thanks in advance. :-)

Cheers,
Roy

Replies

• roy987
    Options
    *Bump
  • cartea01
    cartea01 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Try New Rules of Lifting for Women. It advocates full body exercises, 3 times a week. I've noticed huge changes in my body and my sessions with 5 mins of cardio either side of the weights usually last about 30 minutes total.
  • stayxtrue
    stayxtrue Posts: 1,190 Member
    Options
    compound movements... the end :)
  • roy987
    Options
    Tried to read up a bit about compound movement and the new rules of lifting. However, I'm just looking for a routine that I can follow without researching too much about it. Something that someone has had success with and makes sense. Sorry for sounding lazy :-P

There must be some trainer/fitness expert on the forum :-) Help would be really appreciated. I'm quite a novice when it comes to fitness

Cheers,
    Roy
  • nu2012
    nu2012 Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    Youtube have some nice video routines that you can follow.

Personally if I did not have access to the gym or gym classes or dvds from library, I would follow http://www.youtube.com/user/BeFitin90 . I looked at it months ago and I liked the whole plan of 90 days. They have cardio+weights for toning. Also they have videos assigned to every day, so makes it pretty easy. Just start and do it. This seemed like a good at home routine.

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/jamie-easons-livefit-introduction.html this is a program for toning,lifting. Though Jamie has made it for the gym but what I used to do (when I was trying to follow it) was look for modifications using dumbbells and resistance bands. This site has tons of other programs.

Though I am not an expert and have not followed the above two routines yet, you might like them. I plan to follow these when things get crazy and I have no time for the gym.

What I think compound movements are, working small and big muscles at the same time. So doing a bicep curl while you are lunging.

New rules for lifting for women is a book and I have heard it's pretty good. But I have not really as such started lifting.

This topic shares more links : http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/599372-free-workout-videos-i-want-you-to-know-about
  • tcbutler
    tcbutler Posts: 146
    Options
    I love full body routines! I'll send you a message with some more info.

Tim