Ok, tell me what to do...

Options
Hey all!

So, I really need to tone my arms. I have ONE 8lb weight, and no money to go out to buy more (stay at home mom getting ready to spend all my dough on finishing my degree). Tell me how to tone these bad boys up.

Thanks!

Replies

• Toddrific
    Toddrific Posts: 1,114 Member
    Options
    Dips (use a stable chair)
    Push Ups

I know you said no money, but for about 20 bucks you can buy a pullup bar that fits in a doorway, that'd help too.
  • Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,564 Member
    Options
    Pushups, chin ups, pull ups and squats.
  • Papillon22
    Papillon22 Posts: 1,160 Member
    Options
    Do a search on bodyweight exercises. You'll find tons of exercises you can do just by lifting your own body weight.
    Good luck!
  • CrazyMidget611
    CrazyMidget611 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Oh my, thanks for the fast responses guys!
  • renstwin
    renstwin Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    If you want to use the one weight you do have: One arm rows, raises, curls, triceps extension.
  • skinnylion
    skinnylion Posts: 213
    Options
    Use a gallon of milk or any other household items you have laying around. A box of soda cans might work! Just make sure the cardboard won't tear while you're using it haha.
  • Nopedotjpeg
    Nopedotjpeg Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    Chair dips.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=170oDiwaZVY

Please don't be thrown off by the "huge arms" stuff. That's just because the audience for Scooby tends to be mostly males looking to get into bodybuilding. But the exercises are perfectly good for non bodybuilders.
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    Rinse out the gallon jugs from milk or OJ and re-use them as weights! You can even double up (two in each hand) when you get strong enough! Like someone else said, google body weight exercises - there are so many options out there!

You can also check out your local library to see what they might have for books or DVD on exercises.
  • leslieleet
    leslieleet Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    push ups--hurt like hell, but effective