Do you Zumba?

Options
If so ... has Zumba been beneficial in helping you lose weight fast? I tried Pilates ... not working. Walking is ok, but only for lower body. Someone suggested I take a Zumba class, so I'm looking for input from anyone who has done it or does do it. What are teh benefits do you think? How has it helped you? Thanks!

Replies

• POKlink
    POKlink Posts: 19
    Options
    You can get some major calorie burns doing Zumba. I've burned 800 - 900 calories doing the Zumba DVD's and also have been doing Zumba on the Wii. Have never done an actual class, don't have any in our area. Zumba isn't like doing a normal workout video, which I easily get bored with. It keeps you thinking and even though it is work, doesn't seem as bad as just blah repetitive exercise routines.
  • childofArtemis24
    Options
    Yes I am a Zumba attic, this is like my life! IT is one of the best thing that has ever happened to me! I am getting so toned, and my confidence levels have went up soooo far!
  • jillian769
    jillian769 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Been doing Zumba for about 9 months and it has helped me to lose about 40 pounds. I love it and do it several times a week!!!
  • Elizabeethan
    Elizabeethan Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    HI ... thanks for the feedback! What Zumba DVD's do you recommend? I've signed up for a class that meets one night a week, but I'd like to do more at home if possible. Thanks for the input!
  • Elizabeethan
    Options
    Good for you, Jillian! You are my hero! Thanks for the input. Someone mentioned doing Zumba on the Wii ... I must look into that. We have one, or I should say my son does. That might be fun.
  • HelloSweetie4
    HelloSweetie4 Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    I looove Zumba! I used to go to a class 2-3 times a week, but then I moved and the class was pretty far away. I haven't found a class in my new area that I like as much as the one I was in. So I bought Zumba for wii that I do when I feel like shaking up my work-out a bit. I also go back to my old class for charity events. Like, next friday I'm going for a 90 minute class to raise money for the boston childrens hospital. I'm looking forward to seeing all my ladies again, and the two guys lol
  • j1wright
    j1wright Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    I do Zumba every Saturday morning for the past two months and I also do Zumba 2 on the Wii at home two to three times a week. Since starting Zumba (two months ago). I have lost 17 pounds. Love, Love, Love it! Bout the only excerise I do anymore except go for a run or walk here or there.
  • Wenstorm25
    Wenstorm25 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Yeah fo Zumba Fitness! I have done for 2 years now and it has changed my life, I have now exercised consistently min 5 days a week for 60 mins each time (sometimes more :)). I have never had a fitness program that keeps me engaged like this! I loved it so much I was licensed a year ago and help to share my love with others now. It helps me maintain and keeps me toned! I have seen it change the lives of so many women and men!
  • Rachspo
    Rachspo Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I lovvvvve zumba. I don't know exactly how many calories I'm burning so I'm estimating 500 - 1000 depending on what class I take. I love all of the different kinds of zumba, each instructor has a different style. I figure if I enjoy doing it I'll do it often, and that alone is good for getting in shape! =) I ordered a heart rate monitor so I can track my zumba calories better, can't wait.
  • Elizabeethan
    Options
    J!Wright .... that is fantastic news! Knowing you've lost so much, so quickly really encourages me. I've been doing myfitnesspal for about 18 days and have only lost a couple of pounds. I'm hoping that by throwing Zumba into the mix it'll come off faster. I'll have to look into Zumba 2 for the Wii! Thanks! :flowerforyou:
  • ashlimy
    ashlimy Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I just posted about Zumba..lol I didnt even see your post. I have a friend that lost 60 lbs eating right and doing Zumba. She looks great...She told me the workouts were fun so she didnt feel bogged down and bored by going to the gym and it really kept her motivated. I feel the same way about Body Pump and Body Attack...and Zumba so far!
  • bjfrezell
    bjfrezell Posts: 241
    Options
    I've been doing the classes for a little over a month but before that I had Zumba for the Wii. I actually enjoy the classes more. I've also found that I'm definintely not the only one who doesn't get all the footwork right. As long as you keep moving, you'll do great!
  • mycalories13
    Options
    Love to do my Zumba work out. It never gets boring. I just finished doing my Zumba Sculpt & Tone video and feel great! I use weights for this video. There are several options to keep you engaged and interested. Never gets boring. I been to a class and it's so much fun but i actually do more when I use the videos at home. Because of my crazy schedule there are times I zumba early morning, mid day and even late nights like 10pm. I can't get enough of it. I feel great! and i am starting to see results after 2 weeks. BTW i had done zumba a couple years ago and stopped. My biggest mistake...
  • babyhex
    babyhex Posts: 1
    Options
    Yes Try Zumba - if you find the right class it is Life changing! I have been doing Zumba for almost 2 years weekly not only will you see changes in your body it can change your life!
  • Elizabeethan
    Options
    I lovvvvve zumba. I don't know exactly how many calories I'm burning so I'm estimating 500 - 1000 depending on what class I take. I love all of the different kinds of zumba, each instructor has a different style. I figure if I enjoy doing it I'll do it often, and that alone is good for getting in shape! =) I ordered a heart rate monitor so I can track my zumba calories better, can't wait.
    HI Rachspro ... I found a Zumbe calculator on line by googling it. It might have been on zumba.com, not sure. Anyway, I found out for my weight, a 45 minute moderate zumba workout burns 429 calories. I just started the class and love it.
  • dogacreek
    dogacreek Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Been doing Zumba for about 9 months and it has helped me to lose about 40 pounds. I love it and do it several times a week!!!

We must be my twin. I've also being doing zumba for nine months and lost 40 pounds. LOVE IT! :happy:
  • chrissydrske
    chrissydrske Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    i love zumba its helped me lose more than 30pounds in 5 momths. I have started back up and have lost 7 pounds more. I am determined this time to lose more and stay consisted with the workouts.
  • Rachspo
    Options
  • Rachspo
    Options
    Yeah, that sounds about right, we must be about the same size!
    I use my heart rate monitor every time, makes me keep my energy up... the zumba class I took this Monday I burn 462 calories using my heart rate monitor. Seemed spot on.
    HI Rachspro ... I found a Zumbe calculator on line by googling it. It might have been on zumba.com, not sure. Anyway, I found out for my weight, a 45 minute moderate zumba workout burns 429 calories. I just started the class and love it.
  • akackloudis
    akackloudis Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    i love zumba