Need friends and motivation

Options
msderes
msderes Posts: 11 Member
Hi everyone,
My name is Martha and I live in Texas. I recently turned 50 and promised myself about a year ago I wouldn't be as heavy as I am for this "round" birthday. Well, I did good before the christmas holidays, and then it just all went to h*** in a handbasket. Needless to say, I am still the big girl. I am looking for some friends to share stories with and help motivate each other.
I started logging again today, and I am bound and determined to make it this time. I am borderline diabetic with a family history of it, and I do NOT want cross that line, on the contrary.
I hope to find some friends who can give me advice and help me to keep going.
Thanks ya'll !

Replies

• OKemia
    OKemia Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi Martha
    My name is Kemi and I live in Ohio. I have struggled for the past 8 years and I am tired of not being able to buy the clothes that I want. I too need motivation and would love to have an encouraging friend to help me along the way. I got the exercising part down but the eating part is my problem. If you are interested my user id is OKemia. Add me and lets encourage one another. Have a wonderful day!
  • bandgsmom
    bandgsmom Posts: 3
    Options
    Hello Martha and Kemi,
    Please feel free to add me as a friend. I am always looking for ways to get and give support and encouragement.

Linda
  • islandnutshel
    islandnutshel Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    I discouvered some motivational quotes this morning.
    Little by little one travels far. (the hobit)
    and
    Motivation is what gets you started, Habit is what keeps you going.
    I've been thinking about those quotes this morning because I am unable to do giant leaps with exercise right now, but the little things have added up quickly.
    I have used this site before and lost 50 pounds. It was the habit of logging food that made me understand why it was happening to me. (not being able to lose weight)
    I have started again after a year from hell and am determined to view it as another journey rather than a failure.
    You are welcome to friend me.
  • mshawski
    mshawski Posts: 1,054 Member
    Options
    Hi Martha! Feel free to add me as a friend, I'll be happy to send some motivation and support your way!
  • angelpie36426
    angelpie36426 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me if you like. My mom is diabetic and I don't want to go there either.
  • momtojoseph
    momtojoseph Posts: 23
    Options
    I am also from Texas. Sent you a request!
  • Dedicated50
    Options
    Good morning. Just wanted to say that this is a perfect time in your life to make the change. I'm 53 and have a total of 50 lbs to lose. After 6 1/2 weeks, I'm down 17 lbs and am just thrilled to be here. It just amazes me how following the plan, getting in some daily walks, and drinking the water all add up to a couple of punds a week just dropping off. It makes me say - wow - I can absolutely do this. And so can you! Give it your best and in less than 6 months you'll be healthier than you have been in years. Go for it!
  • ashleyrene4404
    ashleyrene4404 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Sent friend request!
  • 26Nirak
    26Nirak Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Hello -

I fit in well with the 50/50 club....determined to make positive life style changes, and getting the most out of life while I still can...

Feel free to add me if you are motivated and willing to give and get some daily little motivational and supportive input!!
    For me, it's all about accountability.....

Good luck on everyone's journey!!

Karin
  • LauraLyn522
    Options
    Hi everyone - My name is Laura and I am soon to be 48. In the past couple of years, I've been lucky enough to go on some very nice vacations but when the pictures come back, I am disgusted once again with just how big I am. After every vacation or family gathering when I see those photos I promise myself that I will lose weight and get in shape. Unfortunately, that lasts about a week and then I'm done. Well, in three weeks I'm going to Europe for the first time and I'm hoping to lose as at least 10 pounds before then. What I'm hoping to do is work out on my elliptical at least 45 minutes a day so hopefully I'll be able to do some walking on our vacation. Once I get back, I'm really hoping I can continue with my plan to lose weight and get in shape. I'm tired of not being able to buy the clothes I like and I'm really tired of going to the "Plus Size" section of the stores! Any help and motivation you can give will be greatly appreciated!! I'll try to do the same for you! As I saw someone on this site say "Let's go girls [and guys]"!