Confussed !!!

Options
So i have lost 10 lbs so far on mfp and 16 lbs. since my highest in the beginning of March. I should be happy with this. BUT IM NOT. I still feel as down on myself as ever. My pants still fit EXACTLY the same. I usually hear even if the scale doesnt have big numbers check ur inches. Ive lost like half a inch in my hips and waist since starting.. thats it.. So wear is this weight coming off of because I am not seeing any changes. I dont know if my eyes are blurred from seeing myself but its very discouraging :(

Replies

• soulynyc
    soulynyc Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    so you have have lost 26 lbs and aren't seeing it? or is it 10
  • Superchikanthem
    Superchikanthem Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    What other parts of your body have you lost inches? Last month I lost a total of 7.6 inches no weigh came off and only 1 of those inches was from around my waist the rest was from my bust, legs and arms. However I have lost a total of 20lbs since Jan (I only started traking my inches as of last month so I don't know how many inches came off before then.
  • marzinator13
    marzinator13 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    sorry 4 being unclear --- 16lbs total
  • marzinator13
    marzinator13 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    i went from 202 to 186
  • rainbowcandy2004
    Options
    I understand how frustrating it can be. I would say take a picture of yourself then in a month take another one because you won't always notice the difference in yourself because you look at yourself everyday. It is coming from somewhere and even though you don't see it now you might wake up one day and go holy crap my pants are way to baggy or my shirt fits looser. Hang in there it will come.
  • HellsKells
    HellsKells Posts: 671 Member
    Options
    I think since we see ourselves every day, we don't notice the changes, because they happen so gradually. It's tough to stay focused sometimes, because we are a society with no patience these days, but you've got to stick with it to see the changes you're looking for. Pat yourself on the back for doing as well as you have, and don't focus on the number on the scale so much. Does it really matter where it's come off? The point is, that it has and that's down to your own effort. Just keep up the good work and I'm sure you'll be pleased with what you see soon! :smile:

*edit* rainbowcandy beat me to it!
  • Articeluvsmemphis
    Articeluvsmemphis Posts: 1,987 Member
    Options
    it may not be the kind of fast results you want, but they're results. some of that may be water weight opposed to fat as well. maybe losing some in your face, or in other places you probably don't care as much about. i hate my arms, but i guess since i do, the fat in them don't budge, lol
  • cpettigrew
    cpettigrew Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Congrats!
    16 lbs in 2 months is awesome. Don't lose determination in what you are trying to do.

I lost 18 lbs in 3 months, but until the last 2 weeks, hadn't noticed a difference in the way my pants fit. Shirts don't make a difference with me. I lose around my stomach, but my breast and shoulders, I lose nothing. I have been the same size shirt since I was 16, I'm 31. I definitely didn't think it showed until some friends and then a couple co-workers came out and asked me if I had been dieting. That was 2 months in. My grandmother saw me for the first time in 3 months, and couldn't believe how much it showed. I still haven't seen it on me, myself.
  • soulynyc
    soulynyc Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    i don't begin to show weight loss on the body until about 2 `/2 months i would say around 20lbs. it's taking me like 4 months to lose 10 lbs. I'm trying to get better. Just stick with it. don't worry about the numbers.. and look.. it will start to drop off.. it already has.
  • Mendoza118
    Mendoza118 Posts: 1
    Options
    I have noticed in the past that the loss shows a bit after the scale shows. I picture it as if I a losing the fat from around my organs.. and it takes time for the outside to shrink to the inside... if that makes any sense.. Everyone loses differently.. Don't give up. It will show! :smile: