Your biggest meal

Options
When do you eat the bulk of your calories? I purposly eat light all day so i can eat dinner with my family. Is this okay?

Replies

• Le_Joy
    Le_Joy Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    I often eat most my cals at night due to being so busy all day.
  • wftiger
    wftiger Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    I do the same and have since day 1. Has not hurt my weight loss. I do have some "rules" set by my MD that I have to follow about protein (20 grams 4 times a day) so i do make sure I get those in but I have at least 1/2 my days calories after 4pm with after gym snack and supper.
  • btanton27
    btanton27 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    i try to eat every few hours so my calories are pretty spread out during the day. when im busy i usually try to eat a bigger meal once a day and snack the rest of the time.
  • Pupster92
    Pupster92 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I eat my biggest meal at lunch time so I have all day to burn it off, but try to eat protein and veggies at dinner time with the kids
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    I eat my biggest meal at lunch time so I have all day to burn it off, but try to eat protein and veggies at dinner time with the kids
    If you ate it in the evening you'd have all night to burn it off.
  • nightsrainfall
    nightsrainfall Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    If you mean "meal" as in 30 min-1 hour eating time, then the largest one is dinner for me. However, if you mean meal as in 'breakfast', 'lunch', 'dinner', then mine would be lunch. I work longer hours and pack a whole lot of food, however I start eating it around 8am and finish it around 3-4pm.

As for eating with your family - I would say that you can easily plan that so that it will be healthy and still fun. Tonight I ate very lightly for an actual breakfast and lunch so I could go out to eat for my family (I knew a head of time it would be a lot of calories). I'm not sure with sleeping if my body will store it (hopefully not), but if we plan it right I think we can do these things and lose.
  • IamJacksColdSweat
    IamJacksColdSweat Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I usually have a big breakfast. My normal is 2 scrambled eggs with cheese and veggies, steamed spinach (or other cooked veggies) and 2 or 3 strips of bacon. Maybe not my highest calorie-wise but the most filling, I feel.
  • AimeeLynn90
    AimeeLynn90 Posts: 94
    Options
    My biggest meal is definitely at dinner time, but I'll have a few snacks before then during the day, but sometimes that changes cause sometimes I'll have a big lunch and I'll just have a snack for dinner like if the husband is gone at night and I dont have to cook a full meal, i'll just have a snack.
  • ThickNThunda
    ThickNThunda Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    It just depends on how I feel that day.
  • runnercheryl
    runnercheryl Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    My biggest meal is my evening meal, at about 30% of my calories. I generally aim to eat 70% of my calories before 12.30pm.
  • foot2wood
    foot2wood Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I like to try and spread them out throughout the day to keep it reved up.
  • Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options
    I eat most of my calories at night, generally speaking.

Personal preference and lifestyle should dictate this.

As far as weight loss and metabolism go, it makes no difference whether or not you eat frequently and it also doesn't matter whether or not you burn off your meals on an individual basis (overall energy balance does matter, just not in the acute sense).