In need of support

Options
I just started this app(just got a smart phone :) ) I've only logged for about a week and it's been surprisingly to stay with my daily goals but it's only been a week. I have yet to do a follow up weigh in... I'm currently 255lbs(eek!) and 5'7" but my first goal is to be down to 180lbs. Then I'll go from there. Would love to build a support system!

My weekly goal is mild and is about 1 1/2 pounds a week at 1600 calories but it's do-able for me :)

Replies

• moniquedeanne
    moniquedeanne Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    I know how important support is. I've recently started back with mfp after having gained back 12lbs plus an extra 10. You can add me if you would like. From what I've learned its really just consistency you can make mistakes, but if you're good most of the time you'll still see results. Good luck!
  • Ralphrabbit
    Ralphrabbit Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    Well done for week one.........one day at a time & keep going!!
    I don't always win but I keep trying!!
  • delonda1
    delonda1 Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    As long as you are putting in the work to make a change it will happen! good luck.

add me if you like for support
  • giptsie
    giptsie Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I know I could never have made it as far as I have without all the support of my MFP friends. Our goals are very similar and you can add me if you like. I am on every day and give support and encouragment as often as I can. Good luck!
  • VooDooChylde
    VooDooChylde Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I just started this app(just got a smart phone :) ) I've only logged for about a week and it's been surprisingly to stay with my daily goals but it's only been a week. I have yet to do a follow up weigh in... I'm currently 255lbs(eek!) and 5'7" but my first goal is to be down to 180lbs. Then I'll go from there. Would love to build a support system!

My weekly goal is mild and is about 1 1/2 pounds a week at 1600 calories but it's do-able for me :)

I am new too feel free to add me!
  • HJMurray
    HJMurray Posts: 4
    Options
    Hi ya!
    I am the same height and 277lb so i guess we have a similar amount to lose.
    I have been on here for about 5 weeks, i lost 5lb in the first week but then gave up and put it back on again :-( which shows i need to stick to it.
    I am now back to tracking every day and will hopefully be back to losing.
    It would be good to be freinds and give each other support.

Good luck xx
  • jamesdc71
    jamesdc71 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    You've started which is always a good place to start, you have a goal you want to hit which is always a good thing although setting micro goals is a great way to make over all goal less daunting. Good or bad items always make sure you log everything & you will learn what foods & combinations have a positive & negative effect on your body and the most important of all nevet starve yourself as this will stall your metabolism, never give up, don't be put off or disheartened with negative results as your body will react in different ways to the changes you are & will be putting it through & at different times as you change your lifestyle.

I went from 242lbs to 133lbs in 2 years going from a body fat% of over 60% to less than 20% with many ups & downs along the way but it's not how you get there or how long it takes to get there that counts its wanting to get there & making the changes to get there no matter how small that really matters as small positive changes will always lead to big changes over time :)
  • Smokey19
    Smokey19 Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    Your weight loss goal is definitely doable. Welcome to mfp. Feel free to add me.
  • Jodiekate
    Jodiekate Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Hi, the support on here is fantastic! feel free to add me and will help in any way I can.
  • BlueStar1989
    BlueStar1989 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your first week. feel free to add me if you want. I'm on daily :) Good luck
  • syncynlyn
    syncynlyn Posts: 39
    Options
    Great job on your first week. My whole outlook on food has done a total 360! I love how this site makes me feel accountable, which I need for motivation. I have been on here since 3/1/12 when my doctor suggested it and love it!
  • schwartz750
    Options
    I think taking the first step is important and being realistic is great and your doing both. Please feel free to add me; support is important and I would be happy to give you some or anyone else this is hard work!
  • BazAbroad
    BazAbroad Posts: 248
    Options
    Follow your dreams,
    go for it... friend request sent. :tongue:
  • kristenw3
    kristenw3 Posts: 2
    Options
    I just joined also. Have 25 to lose.....sounds like very little, but I've been at a plateau and struggling to get these last pounds since my youngest was born 3 years ago. I've spent soooooo much money on other programs. What a waste!!!! MFP looks like a "back to basics" approach....I'm excited.
  • hanniejong
    hanniejong Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    Hi glad you joined us here at MFP, your goal is definitely do-able. You can add me if you like and so can anyone else who wants support.
  • angel79202
    angel79202 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    anyone may feel free to add me..good luck!
  • dancngdolfn
    dancngdolfn Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    You can do this! You can add me for support if you like.
  • hiker282
    hiker282 Posts: 983 Member
    Options
    I recommend a good jock strap, or a bra depending on what you're supporting.
  • Devyns_mom
    Devyns_mom Posts: 22
    Options
    feel free to add me.. Ive been on here for a month and i love it!!
  • lissypriss
    lissypriss Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I LOVE MFP!!! This has been a life-changing experience for me, and the people here are amazing! Welcome aboard, mill around, and meet new people--you won't regret it! :flowerforyou: