Pizza Help!

Options
Today after the avengers I'm going out for Pizza, I'm really having trouble both dieting and being social at the same time. I can rub my tummy, or pat my head, but every time I go out with anybody I end up gaining weight for the week.

Anthony's Coal Fired Pizza. (Best Chain Pizza and I'm a snob) has two entries in the calorie counts. One is like 280 and one is 450. Can any of you guys narrow it down? I just want two 16" slices. That's all. I saved 1300 calories for this and the more I have left over the more tequila I can drink to celebrate Mexico kicking French *kitten* or something.

Also, if you tell me not to eat the Pizza, I will mock you like I mocked the 100 people who helpfully told me to use Pam when I asked how to count eggs fried in a little butter.

Replies

• zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,136 Member
    Options
    If both are something you'd enjoy, I'd go with the lower calorie one. Enjoy the extra tequila.
  • BeautyAndTheGeeks
    Options
    I'd go with the higher calorie one so that I wasn't under-estimating. That still leaves you will 400 tequila calories, which is roughly 4 shots I believe.
  • HowieTwoPointZero
    HowieTwoPointZero Posts: 494 Member
    Options
    I'd go with the higher calorie one so that I wasn't under-estimating. That still leaves you will 400 tequila calories, which is roughly 4 shots I believe.

True that, 4 shots will wreck me these days.
  • AndiPandi687
    Options
    I'd choose the lower calorie one and enjoy the booze.

Also, I've been making and eating my own personal pizza for the last three days! It's less then 200 calories and whoever says pizza is bad for you are crazy anyway!
  • jenbit
    jenbit Posts: 4,289 Member
    Options

True that, 4 shots will wreck me these days.

Really remind me never to take you drinking lol you'd hurt yourself trying to keep up :drinker:
  • BeautyAndTheGeeks
    Options
    Wait, have I totally misunderstood this thread? I thought you were asking if the slice of pizza was 280 calories or 450 because there are two options for the same pizza, not asking about two different pizzas? It seems silly to go for the higher calorie one if that's the case.
  • monty619
    monty619 Posts: 1,308 Member
    Options
    wuts the question? you say you are going to eat the pizza and drink alcohol so just do it.. just go with higher calorie count because odds are you will eat more calories than you think
  • tat2dmrsgrimm
    tat2dmrsgrimm Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    does the pizza place have a website? some restaurants have their nutritional information on their website. (Some don't ... curse you Dixie Cafe)
  • xHelloQuincyx
    xHelloQuincyx Posts: 884 Member
    Options
    working in the food biz for four years i can tell you that who ever is making the pizza is adding the calories. most of the time they dont measure and that can add 100+ calories. I worked at DQ and I can tell you that every blizzard was way over the calories that it says on their website. and we never measured fries or weighed cones. so you never know for sure, just had to share. :S
  • bluefox9er
    bluefox9er Posts: 2,917 Member
    Options
    I tend to over-estimate when I am unsure..but you know, if you like the pizza and want a few drinks, heck, by all means log them in your diary, but don't hold back, have a great night, be social..and MAKE IT UP the next day and the next day. serious, dude..have fun, and keep yourself honest..it's a lifestyle after all :-)
  • tat2dmrsgrimm
    tat2dmrsgrimm Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I tend to over-estimate when I am unsure..but you know, if you like the pizza and want a few drinks, heck, by all means log them in your diary, but don't hold back, have a great night, be social..and MAKE IT UP the next day and the next day. serious, dude..have fun, and keep yourself honest..it's a lifestyle after all :-)

I totally agree with this.
  • hellokomrade
    hellokomrade Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Assuming this is New York/Italian style pizza (and not deep dish) there are between 220 and 260 calories in a 16" slice of pizza. Then you add the calories of the toppings you choose. I would suggest choosing two slices loaded with low calorie vegetables (not olives, unless you just love them). This will be filling and relatively low cal. Just two slices should hit you at about 320-400 (added a bit extra because I'm not sure about the toppings). If you ask them to go light on the cheese, that should cut out a little more for you.

For anyone interested, a great pizza sans cheese (which makes them much lower in calories) is marinara sauce, black or kalamata olives, fresh basil, garlic and mushrooms. Soooooo tasty. It's all about finding a high quality pizza place that makes their dough and sauce in house and uses fresh ingredients. It makes a world of difference.
  • PHS7
    PHS7 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Normally I'd say go with the higher calorie one so you'd feel more full and satisfied. However, since there's Tequila involved, I'd say skip the pizza and just do shots. Then who'd care how much you ate!!!
  • melodys_attic
    melodys_attic Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Hey there, I love pizza too. I checked into it and it would seem that 450 is closer to accurate for Anthony's. It is 425 for a 16" s lice of the cheese pizza, and that's before you add any toppings. I have learned to love and even prefer vegetable toppings, forgoing the fat, salt and nitrates in the meet toppings. Good luck and enjoy :)
  • downsizinghoss
    downsizinghoss Posts: 1,035 Member
    Options
    I consider tequila a negative calorie food.

I usually end up dancing, hiking for miles, getting in fights, jumping off of things, etc.
  • Claire594
    Claire594 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    I just ate 900 cals worth of pizza and enjoyed every bite. As long as its not too often we need to treat ourselves. Just have ur two slices and whatever booze u want and enjoy it.
  • Snakey74
    Snakey74 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Yay! The Avengers!
    ...that is all... :glasses:
  • douglasmobbs
    douglasmobbs Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    Drink so much tequila that you cannot remember if you ate pizza or not.
  • autumnk921
    autumnk921 Posts: 1,376 Member
    Options
    Maybe see if they have a website with nutritional facts or once you are there see if they can direct you on how to get this information...Most places now have nutritional values available for customers to view....HTH & enjoy the movie ( I want to see this too) & def enjoy the pizza!! Oh & the shots as well of course! :wink:
  • DMZ_1
    DMZ_1 Posts: 2,889 Member
    Options
    Enjoy the Pizza! I am a big fan of pizza. The lower calorie option may be the better one.