Alcoholic Drinks with No/Low Sugar

Options
KBGirts
KBGirts Posts: 882 Member
Okay, I'm going to a party tonight and most likely will get a little drunk. I know a lot of people advice is "well, if you don't want the calories, just don't drink"..... Well, let's stick to the point here and just answer the question: What are some alcoholic beverages that are low carb and low in sugar? I know alcohol by nature has carbs and sugars, but I am asking for the best case scenario.

I'm thinking that diet coke and Gentleman Jack would do the trick. Any other suggestions?

Replies

• jacquagirl
    jacquagirl Posts: 5
    Options
    Yup, you got it. Rum and diet, jack and diet, vodka diet -- any of these are on the low end of the spectrum as far as calories. I can't really speak to the carb issue, but as a girl who likes to enjoy her cocktails, I have puzzled over this much, and here are my standbys for going out and having a good old time with some drinks -- I've managed to stay quite fit while enjoying all these drinks on a regular basis (as long as I don't also have a big plate of nachos or cheese fries at the same time):

- Rum & diet, Jack & diet, Vodka diet. -- there are some great flavored vodkas out there now you can try with club soda also -- just be careful because some of them seem to have added sugar.
    - Ultra light Beers -- MGD 64, Michelob Ultra -- there is even a 55 calorie beer out there, can't remember the name.
    If you like cocktails, you can also bring to-go packets of crystal light with you, order a vodka with club soda, and mix a little crystal light iced tea or lemonade or any other flavor you like.
    - Prosecco or champagne
    - White wine

Also, a good bar will be able to prepare almost any cocktail in a "skinny" version if you ask.

Cheers! :)

I am a huge fan of diet tonic water and diet ginger ale as well -- but that's more for a house party. I've yet to find a bar that stocks these.
  • ledesirdetre
    Options
    I really like vodka with water and a wedge each of lemon and lime. Pop/sodas aren't really my thing and I find that the water also helps prevent me from being hungover the following morning. Or use Club Soda or diet Tonic water if you're looking for carbonation.
  • Todzilla7
    Todzilla7 Posts: 24
    Options
    Any liquor with a diet mixer or water will do just fine... If you like soda mixers, ask if they have Coke Zero or Sprite Zero instead of regular diet. You can get creative with some diet green tea and crystal light flavors if you are home, but if you are out, just stick with the liquor and diet or liquor and water. Have a great time.
  • spngebobmyhero
    spngebobmyhero Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    vanilla vodka with soda water and lime. red wine. Norcal margarita (2 shots tequila, 1 lime, a splash of soda water). All great, tasty choices!