Potatoes, are they bad for you?

Options
GroupXZ
GroupXZ Posts: 196 Member
Why are they bad for you if you can fit them into your calculations.

Replies

• AndiPandi687
    Options
    They are not bad for you in my opinion. They are starchy but they are grown in the ground. What could possibly be bad about them
  • mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    Options
    Why are they bad for you if you can fit them into your calculations.

They're not Bro! Why would you think a crazy thing like that? The have niacin and potassium and are a clean way to get some carbs for glycogen replenishment after a heavy workout.
  • KBGirts
    KBGirts Posts: 882 Member
    Options
    I don't think they are bad. They are bad when served as fries because of the oil. Baked potatoes are not inherently bad, they are just not good for people with insulin problems because of the starch/carbs. Potatoes have tons of nutrients. Eat up!
  • emmamcblain
    emmamcblain Posts: 342
    Options
    Oh God I hope not considering a large portion of my diet is potatoes, lmao. -.-
  • kennie2
    kennie2 Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    theyre packed with vitamin C, some iron and an impressive amount of protein for a vegetable :D
  • Angelabec
    Angelabec Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    They aren't! Eat the skin tho, fibre is good :smile:
  • sapphireblu64
    sapphireblu64 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    im glad you said that i just had a baked one for lunch
  • nicehormones
    nicehormones Posts: 503 Member
    Options
    They are not bad for you. They actually have a lot of good nutrients in them, I believe especially if you eat the skin. Just don't load them with a bunch of toppings. That can add a ton of calories.
  • norabeth
    norabeth Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    They are bad for you once you fry them or load them up with globs of cheese, sour cream, butter ect. Potatoes are one if my favorite veggies.:smile:
  • guppygirl322
    guppygirl322 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    Potatoes are good for you, unless you deep fry them or drown them in things that aren't good for you, like butter, mayo, etc.
  • lickmybaconcakes
    lickmybaconcakes Posts: 1,063 Member
    Options
    I don't think they are but I hate them.
  • delikium
    delikium Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    They are super healthy.
    but potatoes, like rice, pasta, noodles etc are often served in too big portions to fill you up, even they are high in energy.
    have you tried sweet potatoes, I tend to digest them better.
  • yustick
    yustick Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    They are also a great source of potassium. I add a teaspoon of extra virgin olive oil instead of butter. It has 40 calories, but also has health benefits.

Enjoy your taters.:drinker:
  • Nikiki
    Nikiki Posts: 993
    Options
    potatoes are excellent for you! that is baked potatoes are excellent for you... deep fried french fries, cheese and butter drenched scalloped potatoes & buttery creamy mashed potatoes are not so good for you...
    everything in moderation of course, I prefer sweet potatoes (cause they're so gooooood!) but I eat both fairly regularly :)
  • delikium
    delikium Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    But in honesty.... potatoes taste sooo good with mayo... oh dear.
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    just watch out for these;

164861_10150128306431742_235374096741_7751158_2428403_n.jpg
  • Ely82010
    Ely82010 Posts: 1,998 Member
    Options
    Potato salad:

Small red potatoes (washed but not peeled), boiled and diced. Hard boiled eggs, cherry tomatoes, bacon crumbs.

Instead of all mayonnaise, mix 1/2 light mayo and 1/2 fat free plain yogurt; or use olive oil, parsley, garlic power and sweet paprika.

You get good carbs and protein from the eggs or the yogurt.

Enjoy!
  • Jorra
    Jorra Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options
    They're not.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    Just don't put one in your car's tailpipe and you'll be fine.
  • PinkiePie07
    PinkiePie07 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I have potatoes all the time and I'm doing just fine. I'll cut them into rounds leaving on the skins, wrap them in tin foil, put just enough butter on them so they don't burn to the foil, bake and eat. Sometimes I'll put a bit of seasoning on them, but very very little. That stuff is full of sodium.