Bmr and eating back. Help please

Options
If my daily calorie goal is set at my bmr, 1481 and I workout at the gym, should by the end of the day my net be at my bmr again? In other words, eating back calories to reachy bmr again?
My tdee:1900
Bmr: 1481
I burn about 500cal/day
So that would net me at 981, after workout has been logged in. Shoud I eat back up to net 1481?

Replies

• iwantahealthierme13
    iwantahealthierme13 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    Some people will say eat all your calories and other people will say it negates the purpose of exercise.

Me? I eat back exercise cals only if I'm hungry and I've never eaten all of them back. I'm set at 1620 before exercise.
  • Lindamack5987
    Lindamack5987 Posts: 121
    Options
    sounds reasonable to me. I set my own goal at 1500 calories. I eat those 1500 calories and depending on the day and what i eat I try to eat back at least some of the calories. I'm losing about a pound a week.
  • EmilyTwist1
    EmilyTwist1 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Your BMR is the amount of calories your body burns just laying in bed all day. It's the minimum you need to keep your body functioning, and it doesn't take into account any exercise. Yes, you should eat back your exercise calories. Netting your BMR and exercising will still give you a deficit, so you will lose weight. You should only eat below your BMR if it is under the direction and supervision of your doctor (this is usually only done in severe cases of obesity.)
  • willis84
    willis84 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Thank you! Got the answers I needed :)