Newb

Options
Hello, My name is Roxanna. I'm 24 years old. I've been married and have a 5 year old daughter. I gained my weight from pregnancy (100 lbs to be exact) and never lost it. I'm from and currently still reside in the East Bay in Cali. I have tried over and over again to lose weight only to give in within two weeks and listen to a peer telling me "it's just one cookie". For me it's not it's all or nothing. Especially with sweets. I really want to make this the last go a'round because i'm honestly tired of hearing myself say i'm going to go on a diet only to not do it. I am the only one that can change this and I need to quit BSing myself.

I am looking for friends who will give me constructive criticism because I need it.

Replies

• pcastillon
    pcastillon Posts: 13
    Options
    Hey Roxanna, congratulations for getting back in the wagon! My name is Pablo and I'm also married with two wonderful and mega-active kids. I'm trying to lose about 14 pounds as I prepare for the Toronto marathon, coming up later this year! I've run a few marathons (NY, Chicago, Amsterdam) several years ago and I really miss the experience. I'm also trying to beat a 4:00 hr time, so every pound counts.

Thank you for sharing your story; I admire your courage and I pray for your determination to succeed. Take heart in the enormous pride and pleasure you'll deservedly feel and inspire in others when you get there. I hope to know of it too! Come to think of it, it's also a marathon, so every step you take counts.

Take care
  • maddlies
    maddlies Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi Roxanne!

My name is Amanda, I'm 26 years old and live in NZ. I have a 5 month old son and have just joined MFP a couple of days ago
    After nearly 10 years of being overweight I have decided its all or nothing as well! Previous diets I have always gone back to high sugar foods and I now know i need to stay clear of them to achieve my goals

Add me and we can support each other (and kick the others butt if we start to flake out :)

Good luck!
  • Smokey19
    Smokey19 Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    Hi, Roxanne, my name is Kimberlee, 48. I understand your struggle, but it is possible to lose the weight, I am happy to say. It is a marathon and not a sprint, so it won't happen overnight. I've lost my weight since last Sept. and am proud of that accomplishment, but I have another 55 lbs. to lose. There are so many supportive and encouraging people on this site, that I know that I can do it. I can be there for you also. Feel free to add me. :smile:
  • itgeekwoman
    itgeekwoman Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the greatest place to be if you are trying to get healthy! You can do this. It's easy, but think of it in small chunks so that you don't get overwhelmed.

Add friends and stay positive. That's how you stay motivated.
    Add me if you like.
  • JellybeanIcecream
    Options
    Hi Roxanna

I could relate to your post as I'm another fully fledged all paid up member of the 'all or nothing' club! I am either in the zone (exercising like an Olympian and eating like a monk) or I am the greatest natural predator of the potato chip. And if I am being healthy and I veer off path, I decide to hell with it and throw all of my good efforts away in a nice big binge! I need to learn how not to turn a little detour into a round the world trip of the culinary wonders of the world!

Wishing us both luck!

Marie