A little about me

Options
Hi there,

I'm new to the site (5 weeks) and am crazy about it !!! This is the perfect place for someone as anal a me... what's easier that calculating how much food you should take in, aned when to stop eating...? This is EXACTLY the kind of cartesian thinking I was looking for ! It's SOOOOOOO simple : once you've eaten what you shoold for the day, stop...just stop.

I'm a frenchman from Montreal, Canada, looking for some help...

This is my salvation ! This is my way back from the dead ! This is MY Godsend !!!

I won't go as far a asking for friends but here it goes... I'm asking for friends... !

Replies

• toxicmikki
    toxicmikki Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I love this site too. I have been doing weight watchers on line on and off for about a year now and I have lost more weight in the two weeks that I have been on this site than I did the entire time on weight watchers. Not only that but my friends here really keep me motivated not only to eat healthy but to exercise and get in better physical shape as well. Feel free to add me as a friend for motivation and support if you like...we can never have too much of either one of those things :)
  • sthrnchick
    sthrnchick Posts: 771
    Options
    Friends are my saving salvation! They keep me going on days i dont want too! And support me on bad days... I love this site too! So feel free to add me if you wish!
  • good2bthaking
    good2bthaking Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    bonjour mon ami et bienvenue!! My name is Norman and my family is originally from Montreal. I am a die hard Habs fan. I f you need a friend, feel free to add me. Bonne chance!!!
  • runmybunsoff
    runmybunsoff Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Please feel free to add me, I am new as well! Welcome!
  • _canuckrunner_
    _canuckrunner_ Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    Hi there, feel free to add me. Welcome, this site has been very helpful to me, good motivation!
  • SteffieMark
    SteffieMark Posts: 1,723 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I agree, MFP is awesome! I'd love to be your friend. :flowerforyou:
  • Veomomma
    Veomomma Posts: 3
    Options
    Im new to the site. Just need help. I have been using this for a month and am down 12 lbs. I have a long way to go but I figure this will be funner with friends! :smile:
  • coffeedread
    Options
    Hello Dr. Blake. This friends online is all new to me, never done it before. I'm not a joiner. What I am is a 74 year old ex US Marine, father of four over achievers with 9 great grandchildren and a wonderful wife of 53 years. I have fought weight since I was 45. I was in high pressure jobs in the industrial sector and found myself smoking four packs a day. I quit cold turkey in 1983. I gained 40 lb., took it off and put it back on four times. 5 years ago I had a stroke, completely paralized on right side. This was caused by obesity that I tried and failed to control. I worked very hard at loosing 50 pounds and exercising. My daughter taught me to record everything I put in my mouth and count the calories. It took about 18 mo. but I have 95% of what I had before. I continued with the food diary untill one of my son's showed me this. He is training to compete in a triathelon and is being extremely successful with this program. I love it, it really helps me. I have re realized how important the exercise activity is to the weight control issue. At 74 fat is stubborn, but the exercise slowly removes it. I wish everyone who see's this post success, and I give you this from my Marine training, just remember when working out, "Pain is just weakness leaving the body".
  • DrDonaldBlake
    DrDonaldBlake Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hey Mikki !

Thanks for the offer for support. I'll make sure and take you up on that. I'm realizing that I don't have to do this alone. There are others out there just like me, who are confronted with the same struggle to regain their self-worth, health and well being ...

Thanks for making me feel welcome !
  • shaunydude
    shaunydude Posts: 8
    Options
    Just joined too and enjoying it so far, it's making me more conscious about what I eat and drink which is what I really need!

Feel free to add me too :)
  • DrDonaldBlake
    DrDonaldBlake Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Woops, I thought I could reply to each of you individually, which is what I had started to do with Mikki. As I notice this isn't how this works, I'll address everybody who responded to my post : THANK YOU ! Thank you for making me feel like I'm not alone embarking on this endeavor ...

I think this message board this is really cool as part of a weight loss tool because I can discuss situations I'm confronted to with poeple who can actually relate in a very real way with these situations, as opposed to a 90lb dietician who never felt hunger in her life...

Norman, merci pour les bons mots. Si tu veux, tu poourras pratiquer ton français avec moi...lol

Coffedread, you are a true inspiration. Do I need to write more ?

Thanks y'all see you in 70lbs
  • Smokey19
    Smokey19 Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    This site has been my saving grace. The support and encouragement I receive on here is awesome. Feel free to add me.
  • JellybeanIcecream
    Options
    I can relate as I also love the sheer scientific approach of energy in vs energy out, and a tool to record food and exercise. It has a beautiful simplicity to it, and it works...I used a similar Aussie site with great success some years back, but this site is infinitely better. I'm happy to be friends and I wish you well (was going to say 'luck' but I think this site is all about making your own luck, don't you?)

Marie
  • potatoyam
    potatoyam Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    i'm a habs fan too!!! liked them before the jets came back... what a rough season for them though, i cancelled rds before the season even ended. :( you can add me if you like. i know montreal quite well, i spend a few weeks there every year! i'm a pseudo montréaler.
  • debk3p2
    debk3p2 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Hi DrDonald: Love this site too. I've been here since January. It's been very motivating. My husband, my daughter and I got fit bits several months ago and they have been real game changers. We check with each other several times a day to make sure everyone is getting their steps and to crow if we're ahead.

Not a Habs fan though - although I hate the Bruins - does that count? I just came back from the Caps/Rangers game - go Caps.

Best of luck. Feel free to add me as a friend if you like.

Debbie
  • carlynn13
    carlynn13 Posts: 281
    Options
    Hi there sir! Feel free to add me for support as well :)
  • mmmyotwnz
    mmmyotwnz Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Good for you!!

I joined in 2011, didn't give it a shot. I thought I was being deprived and I was really "busy" with my life. Along comes a surprise emergency surgery, some rest, and boom, 10 more pounds in a skinny minute. I have clicked to "on", to the this has to change and it's time to take my life back. You are right life is too short and I want back in, I'm tired of watching everyone else go out and enjoy it..

Good luck to you sir!!
  • mariaflores041510
    Options
    Hey everyone! My name is Maria I'm 19 years old and I was born and raised Edison, NJ but I live in beautiful Oceanside, CA on Camp Pendleton Marine Corps Base. I'm married to the most amazing man in the universe!! When I was younger, I was obese, and I lost 50 lbs when I was 13/14 years old. Over the past couple years I've gained a little of it back, so I'm trying to lose it all and a little extra. I like getting friends on this site because I feel like we all motivate each other! Feel free to add me!!