Looking for MFP friends for support--to give and to take.

Options
I am a breast cancer survivor--I finished treatment in August 2011. I started kickboxing in February, and to my dismay, have not been losing any weight. I know I have a real addiction to sugar, which I am hoping I can get under control with the help of this site. I think if I can get off the sugar, I will be well on my way to the body I want!

Replies

• ChristinaLB
    ChristinaLB Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    sending you a request. I am a cancer survivor too (hystiofibroussarcoma) which I found while I was pregnant with my 2nd child. Have lost 51 pounds so far but I have a long way to go. I have started walking 5Ks and found the motivation to keep cutting my time is helpful. We can certainly support each other. I have been on the site since Jan 12 and have found this is working! Finally. Just got my fitbit today so hopefully that will help me monitor even better.
  • ArtemisMoon
    ArtemisMoon Posts: 144
    Options
    I love sweet stuff, too! Terrible weakness so I am always on the lookout to satisfy the cravings without going overboard and am always willing to share if I find a good new recipe.

Someone on this board suggested a website today and it looks like it could be so great! Chocolatecoveredkatie.com...I really, really want to try the chocolate chip cookiedough dip and the blondie! She has all sorts of cheater sweet oatmeals and other non-sweet foods. Everything is vagan. I am not vagan, but the stuff on this site still looks so good.

Hope this site helps, and always willing to lend support! :)