Not losing any weight

Options
In exactly 26 days, I want to be 132-134lbs. I am currently 143lbs. And, since I've recently lost from 152 (a couple of months back), I've been struggling with weight loss. For the past couple of weeks, I've been eating from 1000-1200 calories and burning about 400 calories 5/6 days a week. I'm not eating junk either and I'm watching what I'm eating closely. This is honestly depressing me because the scale is refusing to move. I switched up my exercise routine 3 days ago (no progress). I am terrified to eat more. Why? Because, I used to/might be EDNOS. I was deathly afraid of eating more than 500-700 calories a while ago. I had major body image issues and I'm happy to say i'm getting better and eating more. So anyways, why am I not losing weight. Today i've had unsweetened oatmeal with milk, california turkey patty (meat substitute), sandwich thin, string cheese, banana, ginger snaps, a granola bar, and frozen yogurt. This all equates to about 1200 calories today. And, I'm going to have some lean turkey with mixed vegetables for dinner. I am aiming for 1400. Will I gain weight? Will I start losing weight again? I really want to lose these last 10lbs before summer/graduation/vacation

Replies

• Jdforg1
    Jdforg1 Posts: 2
    Options
    How tall are you?
  • dododo123
    dododo123 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    It seems you have anorexia. You need to see a doctor right away. Good luck.
  • cheremince
    cheremince Posts: 28
    Options
    How tall are you?
    about 5'6'' or 5'5'' or in between. My measurements are 34-25-36.5 if that helps too... I am not too skinny for my height at all
  • cheremince
    Options
    It seems you have anorexia. You need to see a doctor right away. Good luck.
    i already saw a nutritionist that's why i'm eating more. I'm not that scared to eat more again. I'm better
  • irisheyez718
    irisheyez718 Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    You're not eating enough I'm sure. Since you don't have much weight to lose, try setting your weight loss goals to half a pound a week, and eat what MFP tells you to. If you exercise, eat those calories too, if you use an HRM and are sure of how many calories you're burning.
  • LizKurz
    LizKurz Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    How tall are you?
    about 5'6'' or 5'5'' or in between. My measurements are 34-25-36.5 if that helps too... I am not too skinny for my height at all

Well, that's actually a bit debatable. While your BMI would be in a healthy range, having a waist size of 25 inches is pretty thin. If you were to lose an additional 10lbs I would gather that your waist would also decrease.

Couple this, with how you speak about being afraid to eat food, I would ditch the nutritionist and take up with a psychologist.
  • cheremince
    Options
    How tall are you?

Well, that's actually a bit debatable. While your BMI would be in a healthy range, having a waist size of 25 inches is pretty thin. If you were to lose an additional 10lbs I would gather that your waist would also decrease.

Couple this, with how you speak about being afraid to eat food, I would ditch the nutritionist and take up with a psychologist.
    I mean i used to be afraid to eat food but i've been eating pretty well these past few weeks. I naturally store fat in my thighs so my waist seems to be always small
  • LizKurz
    LizKurz Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    How tall are you?

I mean i used to be afraid to eat food but i've been eating pretty well these past few weeks. I naturally store fat in my thighs so my waist seems to be always small

Do you? Your hips are the size of my waist. Just remember, part of having the ED is slipping back into old behavior or body dysmorphia and not realizing it. I'm saying I think you should take a closer look.
  • ka97
    ka97 Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options
    At your weight 26lbs in 10 days is not realistic or healthy. 1200-1400 is not realistic or healthy, especially if you are working out. You should be shooting for about 1/2lb per week. Be patient.
    I'm pretty close in size to you, maybe a little shorter and my measurements are slightly different. I had my goals set to 1lb a week, and I just couldn't do it - was constantly hungry. Upped to 1/2lb per week and was much better. But with that, my trainer told me this week I needed to increase my calories again.
    You just cannot lose at the same rate as your body gets smaller. You need to eat enough to fuel your body. You can still create a calorie deficit, but it's going to be a smaller deficit, which means it will take longer.
    But...the slower you take it off, the more likely it is to stay off.

Correction....I meant 10lbs in 26 days. Still not realistic or healthy.

If you have been exercising regularly for awhile....try taking a week off, without decreasing your calories. Sometimes your body just needs a break. Got myself through several plateaus just by taking a rest week. Went back to my workouts, and weight started coming off again.
  • cheremince
    Options
    How tall are you?

Do you? Your hips are the size of my waist. Just remember, part of having the ED is slipping back into old behavior or body dysmorphia and not realizing it. I'm saying I think you should take a closer look.
    ok i'll try to watch for it. i'm trying so hard not to slip back into it. I can't technically (or my doctor's terms) have an ED because i'm not severely underweight though
  • cannonsky
    cannonsky Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    I know it's scary to, but increasing your calories intake would probably help you. There are a TON of success stories on this site that can attest to that. There is also a group about eating more and still losing... you might be able to find support in there for your situation. Unfortunately healthy methods of weight loss are not quick fixes, they are lifestyle changers
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    ok i'll try to watch for it. i'm trying so hard not to slip back into it. I can't technically (or my doctor's terms) have an ED because i'm not severely underweight though

Anorexia Nervosa is characterized by emaciation, but EDNOS does not have weight restriction per NIMH. I know you said you were previously diagnosed with this. If your doctor is using weight to define an ED, you may want to consider a second opinion.