NSV! Day 4 of 30DS

Options
blnorman29
blnorman29 Posts: 148 Member
I did Day 4 of 30DS! I tried 30DS last summer and only made it through day 3 before coming up with some excuse as to why I couldn't do it that day, then the next, then the next. On May 1st I started again and I made it through Day 4 tonight! It was hard, and I didn't want to do it, and I whined on here, but I did it! Now on to Day 5-30! :D I couldn't do this without MFP.

Replies

• Ronda10
    Ronda10 Posts: 1
    Options
    You lost 20 lbs in 4 days?
  • blnorman29
    Options
    No. That's crazy talk. I'm doing the 30 Day Shred, an exercise DVD by Jillian Michaels. Last time I tried the program, I only made it through day 3. I started the program again on May 1st and last night I made it through day 4.
  • StrongandTender
    StrongandTender Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Yay for taking it all 1 day at a time!
  • kevin3344
    kevin3344 Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Don't forget to take before / after pics to share. Keep up the good work!
  • jeaninemckinney
    Options
    Thats great keep it up!! I know how it goes....im on level 2 and im making myself stick with it this time! Ive never made it past day one level two cuz its alot harder then level one but im making myself do it cuz after seeing everyone elses results on here i want my own before and after pics! Keep it up and u will be so proud of yourself!
  • RedHotRunner
    RedHotRunner Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    Congrats. The first couple of days are the hardest and you've made it through them. Keep up the good work.
  • Mell00546
    Mell00546 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Yay! I also started 30DS on May 1st. So as soon as I stop messing around on here I am going to complete day 5! Only 25 more :)
  • RachFace1000
    RachFace1000 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I just started Day 1 Level 1 today! Keep it up! We totally got this (:
  • gdkerplunk
    gdkerplunk Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Good job! I can relate 100%. I think I had started 30DS about 4 times before I became serious about it. Each time I started, I got a bit further from the last time. I just completed Day 19! Like you said, couldn't have done it without MFP. I came to the realization that I needed more than just counting calories on my own. I needed the support from the wonderful peeps here. :)
  • Ed_81
    Ed_81 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I've just completed day 9 and I feel so much fitter, the first 4 days were almost like torture, it was pure will power and determination that kept me coming back every day, but from day 5 I've been looking forward to my workout and my recovery time has decreased to the point where a couple of minutes after the workout I'm entirely back to normal and suffering no muscle pain the next day!! :) I've just ordered ripped in 30 in anticipation of finishing day 30 of the shred!! :)
  • kevin3344
    kevin3344 Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    I've just completed day 9 and I feel so much fitter, the first 4 days were almost like torture, it was pure will power and determination that kept me coming back every day, but from day 5 I've been looking forward to my workout and my recovery time has decreased to the point where a couple of minutes after the workout I'm entirely back to normal and suffering no muscle pain the next day!! :) I've just ordered ripped in 30 in anticipation of finishing day 30 of the shred!! :)

Yeah at times Jillian is like cruel and unusual punishment lol. Love her encouragement though, like "don't quit!!". She's definitely a motivating personality.
  • nakedsun
    nakedsun Posts: 115
    Options
    JUST completed Day6 of Level1 today. The 2nd and 3rd day were the worst for me. Now I'm finding my endurance has sky rocketed. I'm still panting and make unattractive noises when my arms/legs start to wobble a bit but I'm pleased. I can even crank out push ups now without wanting to just die after a couple.

The side lunge dumbbell raise still makes me cringe though. I detest that move.
  • arctiknitter
    arctiknitter Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Still working my way through level two. I don't think I'll ever be able to do a pushup!
    I've been alternating between 30DS and No More Trouble Zones and my endurance and strength is so much better than it has been in years!
    Stick with this and you'll see amazing results-just like Jillian promises!
  • Buettner22
    Buettner22 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I just finished my day 4 and man did i not want to do it this evening but I'm sure glad i did. Tomorrow is Day 5 only 25 more days left!
  • blnorman29
    Options
    Thanks everyone. Yes, these last four days have been akin to torture, and self-inflicted at that! I have a special loathing for Miss Jolly Jillian now. lol
  • mewaybright
    mewaybright Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    You can do this... the trick is to just get up and do it... you will find after you are done that is really wasn't as bad as you were thinking it was going to be before starting. I sometimes don't feel like working out and I have been at this for a year but I get up and just do it, some of my best workouts have been on days where I really didn't want to do it but forced myself into it.
  • veronicacannon
    veronicacannon Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I'll be on day 10 level 1 tomorrow! What keeps me going is the excitement of seeing my before and after pics side by side. I can't wait to see how much I've changed! I better change!!
  • mewaybright
    mewaybright Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    I just finished my day 4 and man did i not want to do it this evening but I'm sure glad i did. Tomorrow is Day 5 only 25 more days left!

HAHA 25 days... this should be a life style change. You may not be doing the 30 DS for the rest of your life but you should be doing something to stay fit. Simply doing the 30DS and then calling it good when you reach day 30 will guarantee a return to the issues in life that set you on this path, there is no Easy Button for being fit and healthy, it takes work and commitment. The longer you do it the easier it becomes.
  • googsgirl
    googsgirl Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I completed the 30 day shred after Christmas 2011 and it was the factor that brought be back to exercise! take pics or measurements because I did not lose one pound ( I only have 5-10 to lose) but I lost inches and it changed my shape!

After three kids, I have a flat stomach! I wore a bikini on vacation.... I am 41.

Honestly, it is so worth sticking to!

Now, I look back at the "shred" and think it's semi- easy, after doing it twice... but when I began it , it was brutal.
    Stick with it- it is such a great program to kick start a lifetime of exercise and fitness.

Best of luck to all of you. It is such a great program and if you use heavier weights ( more than the 2 or 3 she uses...) you will get great results!!
  • Rosa1213
    Rosa1213 Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    Don't get discouraged, guys! Keep on working hard and taking it one day at a time.
    You can do it!!! :flowerforyou:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!