couch to 5k lets talk old new in the middle?!

Options
HELLLLLLOOOO!!!! :flowerforyou: I just started on monday and have completed 2 sessions. I have a few questions for anyone who has done this... and anyone who is interested in joining me in disussing going through this program.... So #1 My lungs are killing me! No other body part has felt the pain like my lungs, I also am a little sick, but I am not sure which this is due to the kids going back to school or me trying to run?! #2 Considering I am sick should I repeat week #1 or just keep truckin on? #3 I am SO flipping excited to be starting this... its actually fun! I was the girl who always said "the only way I would run were if I was being chased"!!!! But you know what I am finally awesome enough to do this! WOOO HOOOO!!!

Replies

• sunnygirl807
    Options
    How fast were you jogging? Try to ease up, if you were going to fast. If you were able to finish the run session, I say keep on trucking to week 2. My first day was murder. Day 2 wasn't so bad. I started Monday too. Killer cramps threw me off a day. Next week I will do M_W_F. Good Luck.
  • melisss
    Options
    I am going to start on Sunday, I need a kick start and I have always wanted to be a runner! Plus my cardio is horrible and no one thinks I can! So I am going to prove them all wrong! Good luck with yours :happy:
  • swtally80
    swtally80 Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    I don't think I was going to fast... I was able to finish both sessions. Tomorrow will be run 3.... I just hope my lungs have cleared up by then... Congrats guys on getting started... I hope you all are as excited as me to become RUNNERS!!!! WOOOOOOOOOOOOT :tongue:
  • swtally80
    Options
    OH YA! Are you guys working out on your off days? If so how hard and what are you doing?
  • melisss
    Options
    I am, but I'll let you know after my first session lol
  • belldandy1
    belldandy1 Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    HELLLLLLOOOO!!!! :flowerforyou: I just started on monday and have completed 2 sessions. I have a few questions for anyone who has done this... and anyone who is interested in joining me in disussing going through this program.... So #1 My lungs are killing me! No other body part has felt the pain like my lungs, I also am a little sick, but I am not sure which this is due to the kids going back to school or me trying to run?! #2 Considering I am sick should I repeat week #1 or just keep truckin on? #3 I am SO flipping excited to be starting this... its actually fun! I was the girl who always said "the only way I would run were if I was being chased"!!!! But you know what I am finally awesome enough to do this! WOOO HOOOO!!!

Congratulations on all the weight you have already lost! You must feel amazing. I am planning on starting this program tomorrow. When I was a child loved to run, and I was really fast. Then puberty set in. I haven't really run since them. I have always wanted to be a runner too. Is there already a Couch to 5K group. If not, do you guys want to start one?
  • Wecandothis
    Wecandothis Posts: 1,083 Member
    Options

Congratulations on all the weight you have already lost! You must feel amazing. I am planning on starting this program tomorrow. When I was a child loved to run, and I was really fast. Then puberty set in. I haven't really run since them. I have always wanted to be a runner too. Is there already a Couch to 5K group. If not, do you guys want to start one?

Hi All! There is currently a c25k group if you guys would like to join:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/63330-couch-to-5k-anyone-we-start-on-monday

There are people who have finished the c25k there and some that have just begun, so everyone is welcome. It's cool to get inspiration from those who have made it and to be able to give advice to those who have just started.

Yesterday I did w5d2 - and I never would have believed it! You guys can do it! You honestly can!
  • sunnygirl807
    Options
    I will do yoga or pilates on my off days.

I think a group will be great.
  • belldandy1
    Options
    OH YA! Are you guys working out on your off days? If so how hard and what are you doing?

I haven't started yet, but I hope to do Krav Maga ( Israeli martial arts). I hope this is not too much. Krav maga seems to mainly work my upper body so maybe it won't be so bad. I would also like to add strenth training, but I plan to wait a few weeks before doing that. What are you doing on your off days
  • OomarianneoO
    OomarianneoO Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    oops
  • swtally80
    Options
    cool ya a group would be great.... I wanted to talk to people in all stages... I ride my bike to and from work everyday and my job is fairly active... however I think I feel guilty not working out! I don't think I am going to do anything extra this week I just feel too run down (sick) even though I want to! and thanks bell dandy for the complement! My computer has been messed up so I haven't been able to get before and after pictures up at least not good ones?
  • swtally80
    Options
    Ya I felt a little weird starting in the middle of someone elses thread. lol! I know its dumb on a site full of such awesome people, I just wanted to start somewhere clean and fresh though! lol!
  • belldandy1
    Options
    swtally80, I would love to see before and after pictures, as would a lot of people on MFP. I always find them so inspirational. So do the people who posted on this thread to join the existing group or start a new one, or both? In case you missed it here is the link:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/63330-couch-to-5k-anyone-we-start-on-monday
  • melisss
    Options
    I'm in to start a group too, push eachother...I know I need it.

GoodLuck Everyone!:happy:
  • swtally80
    Options
    Right on we're on it maybe I will look at the other one again but I am down for a new start group here! I do run 3 tomorrow my lungs are feeling a bit better today but I haven't tested them either! LOL! I will tell you how they feel after tomorrow's run! I am excited for all of you and OF COURSE WE CAN DO IT THAT'S WHY WE'RE HERE RIGHT!!!!!
  • belldandy1
    Options
    I'm in. A smaller group will be better for me anyway. It will make it easier for me to keep up with everyone else. I start day one tomorrow.I am so excited!
  • swtally80
    Options
    Belldandy did you go?! How was it? I've been sick and haven't done day 3 I'm going to go tomorrow!
  • belldandy1
    Options
    Belldandy did you go?! How was it? I've been sick and haven't done day 3 I'm going to go tomorrow!

Sorry it took me so long to respond. I did go, and it killed me. I tried run for a minute, then walk for two, but I couldn't even do that. . I just could not catch my breath. I felt like was going to die. I am not really surprised by this, I have always had weak lungs. My plan is to do a week or two of a modified plan (run for one minute walk for 3-4), Hopefully after a week or two of doing that I wlil be up to starting the Couch to 5k plan. I am also doing Krav Maga every 3 days a week. Hopefully I will be able to start following the couch to 5K plan by next week, but either way I will do the plan that I have devised for myself three days a week until I am ready to start couch to 5K plan. Wish me luck.

BTW are you feeling any better? How has your running gone?
  • swtally80
    Options
    HEY!!! Good for you getting it going! I think the whole point of couch to 5k is to have you slow down listen to your body and add the running in slowly! I did week 2 day 1 yesterday and its going great!! By the end of it I was sweaty as heck! I am feeling a lot better I am still coughing but for the most part I am A-OK!