Vitamins?!?

Options
Hi, im just wondering what vitamins would work to help speed up metabolism and help with weight loss? what ones do you use and what amount do you take? i started taking omega fish oil the other day as my friend recommended it. Any help or insight would be great! (also i know that vitamins alone will not make me lose weight and i do plan to exercise an diet as well)

Replies

• jarrodc
    jarrodc Posts: 102
    Options
    Supplementation depends entirely on what your diet is lacking, so there's no definitive answer for everyone, however allow me generalise:

- Most people don't eat enough fish, so ~8000mg of good quality fish oil can help.
    - Most people don't get enough vitamin D or A so cod liver oil works for that. Alternatively you can buy vitamin D tablets.
    - Most people aren't eating enough vegetables so a good multi vitamin will help.. Duh!

Other than that, you're probably getting into specifics. If you're really curious you can always get a blood test to see what you're deficient in.

The best thing you can do for weight loss is just eat lots of veges, good meats and fruit.
  • TriggerStorm1309
    TriggerStorm1309 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    im looking for just in general, what type of vitamins should a woman be taking daily? especially ones that will help boost metabolism and speed up weight loss.
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    im looking for just in general, what type of vitamins should a woman be taking daily? especially ones that will help boost metabolism and speed up weight loss.

I am not aware of any pill that will boost metabolism or speed up weight loss. If they actually existed, you and I would know about them because they would be on the front page of every paper every day. Many make the claim on ads and stuff, but if you look at the fine print, they all say "when combined with a sensible diet and exercise"
  • Phoenix_Angel
    Options

A multivitamin is highly recommended. I also take fiber, calcium, and green tea. All of them are metabolism boosters.
    Only take fiber if ur getting less than 20g/day and follow the directions on the product.
    If u don't eat enough dairy, ur probably not getting enough calcium.
    And u don't need an excuse to drink green tea ;)
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    A multivitamin os highly recommended. I also take fiber, calcium, and green tea. All of them are metabolism boosters.

green tea may have a very small effect on metabolism but calcium and fiber and a multi vitamin? nonsense
  • Phoenix_Angel
    Options
    A multivitamin os highly recommended. I also take fiber, calcium, and green tea. All of them are metabolism boosters.

green tea may have a very small effect on metabolism but calcium and fiber and a multi vitamin? nonsense

Well being vitamin deficient because of a calorie deficit doesn't exactly aid in weight loss either. Anyway I don't feel like arguing about it. Just trying to help.