People are crazy.

Options
I had this older man, whom I'm assuming has no idea how society works, step way over the line. We were talking about races, and I mentioned I'm going to do one in November, just not sure if I'll do a 5k or 10k, walk, run, whatever. It just depends on if I can convince someone to do it with me. (I really want to do the 10K. That's only 8 miles, and I can walk that. 3 miles is easy for me.)

Anyway, this older man tells me I should keep at it because "flat is good" AND GRABS MY STOMACH!

Replies

• FitBlitz
    FitBlitz Posts: 146
    Options
    Did you punch him in the chotch? I would have. Then yell "BAD TOUCH" and flee.
  • mjterp
    mjterp Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    OMG...yes..definitely over the line.
    He deserved to be slapped!
    Pretty standard social rule is dont' touch without asking first.
    YOU OK?
  • kazzari
    kazzari Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I'd say that's stepping over the line! OMG...what did you do?
  • kazzari
    Options
    Did you punch him in the chotch? I would have. Then yell "BAD TOUCH" and flee.

ROFL!
  • EpiGaiaRepens
    EpiGaiaRepens Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    Wow. Just....wow. Its not OK for people to do that.
  • ArtGeek22
    ArtGeek22 Posts: 1,429 Member
    Options
    Oh my goodness! That was extremely rude. People have no morals and don't think about how their actions can affect someone. People should maybe look up this thing called PERSONAL SPACE!!! :mad: :angry: :explode: :grumble:
  • messymutt
    messymutt Posts: 24
    Options
    I was too stunned.

Plus, I was at work.

He's European, I think. I don't mean that as an excuse, but I don't think he understood what is and what isn't okay. By that point in our 5 minute conversation he'd already started touching my hands and kissed the back of one. I was already getting creeped on and then that happened.

Yes, I'm okay. Luckily, I have decent self-esteem. I could see how someone else could be messed up over that.
  • kazzari
    Options
    Oh yuck, that is really creepy. Making my skin crawl.
  • AllTehBeers
    AllTehBeers Posts: 5,030 Member
    Options
    I can not stand stuff like this! I have regular customers and the middle age gentlemen feel like because they are regulars in my store, that we have some buddy-buddy kind of relationship and they'll go as far as hugging my shoulders. Some squeeze my shoulders and others touch my hand. It CREEPS me out!
  • messymutt
    messymutt Posts: 24
    Options
    Thankfully, this guy was only there to register for a race we're having tomorrow. (I work at a community center gym.)

I'm glad he's not a member, so I don't have to see him again. (I hope.)

As for punching and yelling "bad touch," I wish.
  • soulynyc
    soulynyc Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    i am so glad i don't have to deal with men! yeah you should have socked him in the head.
  • kazhowe
    kazhowe Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry that you had that experience - being European is no excuse! You need to practice your 'steely eyed' look - then in future you look them in the eye and in a firm voice say ''That is inappropriate behaviour if you repeat it then I will have to take action!" ... I find that it works for me. It amazes me how many people think that it is okay make pointed personal comments about - and to - a person who is overweight!