World Traveling Mother and Wife

Options
I travel the world with my husband and our two girls. While most would consider this a dream, don't get me wrong I do feel like we are dreaming most of the time, there are some down falls. One of the down falls is having a regular gym or team work out, which is where I am more successful. I've always had self-confidence and never worried about my image in the mirror until the other day. I've been an athlete most of my life playing rugby throughout college and some after college for a local team. I had both of my children and had gain some weight but mostly bounced back to where I was comfortable. We started to travel after my first one was born and took in a lot of sights walking. I know in the last couple of years I gained weight and realized it would come off when I can finally settle down to a gym, but until then I would will watch what I eat. I've maintained my weight for 2 years, not a healthy weight by any means. Like I said I didn't hit a reality check until the other day. While we are in many of the countries we like to participate in local activities and take in the sights from many different angles. I've hiked in Hawaii, back packed in Egypt, and recently lived in Morocco for 6 months. I'm currently living in Lima, Peru and what amazing surf they have here! I was so interested in surfing, and it was something I hadn't done before. I loved the challenge. I talked to some of the locals on what I needed to do to go surfing. THAT'S WHEN REALITY HIT! I had been able to do everything in the past, but now a challenge to find a wet suit to fit. I was humiliated not having a wet suit available in my size. I look out my window EVERYDAY and reminded of it every time I see the waves crashing in. It's not what I see in the mirror that does it. It's the sight of the surfers that make me realize my size is NOT OKAY! I joined here 2 days ago. I will SURF SOON! My challenge now as it has always been EXCERSICE! I’m with the girls almost 24/7, I don’t have gym nearby that offers to sit kids, I really could come up with some excuses. NO MORE! I’m trying to find a home work out that works for me. I’m watching everything I eat. I’m drinking more water than I have ever before. I will be a better me!

Replies

• mdmchoco
    mdmchoco Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hi. Add me please! I just started yesterday and want to lose weight to be healthier and a better example for my daughter. I am also tired of not being able to wear the clothes that I like. We are a family that likes to travel too and my goal is to be able to cycle for a week long trip in France. Let's support each other!

Holly
  • mogiggles247
    Options
    ADDED!! :) Looking forward to this ADVENTURE!!!
  • Phoenix_Angel
    Options
    Feel free to add me as well. I travel too... Not quite as much fun as yours tho. I live in an 18-wheeler. I add in my strength exercises and my diary is open. All my exercises can be done at home.
  • 139pilotwife
    139pilotwife Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    I'm from the U.S. but currently living overseas in Saudi Arabia. We live right on the Persian Gulf although we don't have the right waters for surfing but many other water activities which require a swim suit...and my body was in no shape for a swimsuit. I started MFP in January 2012 although I have a gym available I not comfortable in going so my exercises included walking along the beach fitness path, a home treadmill & some Jillian Michael's DVDs. Walmart.com offers some workout videos for sale to be downloaded/available via the internet if you don't have access to a store that may carry DVDs.

Feel free to add my if you would like some support.
  • Josedavid
    Josedavid Posts: 695 Member
    Options
    Well, Im not a mom but Im a dad... and I travel a lot and it's true... sports are difficult when you travel.

I started my journey in 2011 and now i am 36kg down... I became ISSA Certified Personal Trainer, for my spare time, and I opened a Training Group.

Add me anytime!
  • mogiggles247
    Options
    I didn't know walmart.com offers workout videos! AWESOME thanks for the tips. I was going through pinterest to find some daily workouts. I'm doing a lot of walking here but mostly pushing a stroller around the city. Today I walked about 5+ miles. I like to change up work outs so I don't get bored so a work out video would be great!! THANKS AGAIN!
  • ronnierue
    ronnierue Posts: 3
    Options
    Iam new to MFP also just started today. Would love to b added. How do you add a pal?
  • mogiggles247
    Options
    Feel free to add me as well. I travel too... Not quite as much fun as yours tho. I live in an 18-wheeler. I add in my strength exercises and my diary is open. All my exercises can be done at home.

Thanks! Grew up with my dad working short term construction and I've done my share of living on the road as a kid. I love a good road trip no better way to take in the sights!
  • mogiggles247
    Options
    Iam new to MFP also just started today. Would love to b added. How do you add a pal?

I just started too. I click on the name under the picture and it brings up a new page to add friend. Hope that helps! :)
  • TeachTheGirl
    TeachTheGirl Posts: 2,091 Member
    Options
    That's such an awesome way to realize you need/want to get healthier. =)

Feel free to add me for support!
  • mogiggles247
    Options
    Well, Im not a mom but Im a dad... and I travel a lot and it's true... sports are difficult when you travel.

I started my journey in 2011 and now i am 36kg down... I became ISSA Certified Personal Trainer, for my spare time, and I opened a Training Group.

Add me anytime!

Thanks! Personal Trainer...WOW! An amazing accomplishment and dedication!
  • kathyms13
    kathyms13 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    hi im a mum and grandma and travel quite a bit. only this week i got back from west Australia but had lost half a stone while away. good luck.
  • mogiggles247
    Options
    THANKS FOR THE FRIEND REQUESTS!! I am so excited to have y'all on my team! I'm looking forward surfing soon!!!!
  • LJCannon
    LJCannon Posts: 3,636 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: With your Motivation and the Support here at MFP I KNOW that we will soon be seeing pictures of your adventures - And maybe even Pictures if we are Lucky!!
    :drinker: Welcome to MFP, and Good Luck on your Journey!!
  • mogiggles247
    Options
    hi im a mum and grandma and travel quite a bit. only this week i got back from west Australia but had lost half a stone while away. good luck.

AUSTRALIA!! I haven't made it down there yet but it is on my MUST SEE list! I travel with my husbands job and hope they send him there one day. We have a joke that Austrilia is the one place we'll have to pay to see. Congrats on losing while away!
  • mogiggles247
    Options
    I'm not sure where I should post this but since all of my MFP friends are here I'll post here first. After reading everthing I've read. This is my solution: I have a goal to walk more than 2 miles everyday! This is realistic for me! I will include a mini workout in the am consisting of Jumping Jacks, Crunches, Push Ups, and Squats. This will be my biggest challenge. This is where I'll have to dig deep for motivation. I can get this done right after the girls wake up. I usually don't run off to make breakfast instead I sit and watch cartoons with them until they really wake up. I'm giving these 30 mins everyday! I can do that! When I have some one to watch the girls after I put them to bed I'll do my walk/jog/run then. If I know I won't have some one to watch the girls then I'll make sure I get 2+ miles behind the stroller during the day. I'm going to do this for 2 weeks then re-evaluate. Is this a good plan? As far as walking, should I set a mph goal or a distance/time goal. I have any of you had success in walking? Where do you find the motivation for push ups and squats? My has always been when I'm partnered with someone else. I really need to find my own will power!!!
  • Bobcatheaven
    Options
    Hi everyone,

I started yesterday and it's so reassuring to see there are soo many people who feel like me! Sometimes you can feel like the only one and everyone else is having s much better time than you whilst you're feeling down on yourself!! I have never been athelitc - I take my hat off to anyone that is! But I used to be slim, now I am 5 stones overweight! I want to get fit so I can run around with my son - he turned one recently and is almost walking and my husband loves running - I would love to be able to go running with him and keep pace, but generally going out with him and not feeling like an embarrassment and a disappointment would be a great start! He loves me very much, I know, but I wasn't like this when we got married and unless I act now it's just a downward spiral!

Your travelling lifestyle sounds fantastic, but like everything has its drawbacks! We would love to travel but haven't had much opportunity!! Fingers crossed I am starting my teacher training in September (another reason to get fit!) and with my husband being in the military and all over the place,we are hoping we can synchronise holidsys and show our son the world!!

Please add me and we can do this together!! X
  • mogiggles247
    Options
    Hi everyone,

I started yesterday and it's so reassuring to see there are soo many people who feel like me! Sometimes you can feel like the only one and everyone else is having s much better time than you whilst you're feeling down on yourself!! I have never been athelitc - I take my hat off to anyone that is! But I used to be slim, now I am 5 stones overweight! I want to get fit so I can run around with my son - he turned one recently and is almost walking and my husband loves running - I would love to be able to go running with him and keep pace, but generally going out with him and not feeling like an embarrassment and a disappointment would be a great start! He loves me very much, I know, but I wasn't like this when we got married and unless I act now it's just a downward spiral!

Your travelling lifestyle sounds fantastic, but like everything has its drawbacks! We would love to travel but haven't had much opportunity!! Fingers crossed I am starting my teacher training in September (another reason to get fit!) and with my husband being in the military and all over the place,we are hoping we can synchronise holidsys and show our son the world!!

Please add me and we can do this together!! X

I love that people from all of the world can join here as well! I know how you feel about your husband being a runner. My husband is pretty good shape and every time he travels away he comes back sexier every time..LOL. He likes to run but he is love to cycle. I feel the same way working out with him. I feel like I'm slowing him down and frustrating him. I know he doesn't mind but I too would love to keep up with him. I would love to have the confidence in my body like I had went I met him. If I'm happy with my body and confident, then I know the happier our marriage would be.

I do hope you get to travel and show your son the world! I tell me girls all the time, "There are two things in this world no one can take away from you, your education and your memories." I plan on give them the best of both!

WE CAN DO THIS TOGETHER!!
  • hanniejong
    hanniejong Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    You can add me too if you want and so can anyone else that wants support!! I don't travel as much as I would like but I get to go away a bit with my caravan. my dream is to pack it up and take of for 2-3 months but my hubby won't leave home.
  • mogiggles247
    Options
    I just posted some pics of my "BEFORE" that include some recent travels. I can't wait to see my "AFTER" pics surfing!!!