Replies

• XXXMinnieXXX
    XXXMinnieXXX Posts: 3,459 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • mamakayy
    mamakayy Posts: 36
    Options
    It tracks steps, miles, stairs, estimates daily calorie burn, and tracks sleep.

Not sure what else you are expecting from it?
  • angbieb
    angbieb Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    Well I guess I was expecting a little more for $100 bucks, weren't you?:huh:
  • mcdebbie
    mcdebbie Posts: 940 Member
    Options
    Probably not for you then. I am addicted to mine but to each their own. What are you looking for exactly?
  • mamakayy
    Options
    No, I didn't expect it to do more, because that's what it says it does.

I have found it to be worth the $85 I spent on it. I like that it syncs with MFP, I like that I KNOW what I've done throughout the day, and at what times I was more active, I like that it tells me how many times I've woken in the night, I like pushing myself to get more steps/stairs than yesterday, and seeing if I haven't gotten my goal, I need to get up and go do something.

But if you think it's steep, don't buy it.
  • angbieb
    Options
    I already bought it and I haven't really given it a fair chance yet. So, I guess I shouldn't have been so quick to judge.
  • SteffieMark
    SteffieMark Posts: 1,723 Member
    Options
    I love mine and only got it Tuesday night. I love how it makes me compete with myself, by motivating me to do more. "OMG, I've only walked 10000 steps today. I bet I can do a couple thousand more". I only take mine off to bathe and let it recharge then. I knew my sleeping was bad, but now I know it's horrible! lol I am very pleased with mine!

I also love the graphs that show the entire day, in 5 minute increments, and how active I was, how many calories I burned etc, in those times. I could go on and on. I haven't found anything I don't like about it. Other than it woke my husband up. Ok, maybe I woke him up freaking, because it wasn't on my arm when I woke in the middle of the night. But, he turned the light on and helped me look for it. Of course it was just in the bed.
  • Pancua
    Pancua Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    For me, it motivates me to meet or beat yesterday's step count or stair count. I work from home so I really have to make sure I get up and around. The Fitbit helps me with that.
  • HeHealsMe
    HeHealsMe Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I love mine and only got it Tuesday night. I love how it makes me compete with myself, by motivating me to do more. "OMG, I've only walked 10000 steps today. I bet I can do a couple thousand more". I only take mine off to bathe and let it recharge then. I knew my sleeping was bad, but now I know it's horrible! lol I am very pleased with mine!

Ok, what does it do with your sleeping? (No, obviously don't know anything about this product..but )
  • karen0214
    karen0214 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I've been trying to decide between FitBit and Striiv. From what I have read, Striiv is more motivational and has games that you play by doing more exercising, walking, etc. It also somehow allows you to donate things to people, like water, vaccines, etc. Does anyone have experience with Striiv? Does anyone have an opinion between FitBit and Striiv? Thanks!
  • Pancua
    Pancua Posts: 38 Member
    Options

Ok, what does it do with your sleeping? (No, obviously don't know anything about this product..but )

It analyzes how many times you wake up in the night which affects your sleep quality.
  • SteffieMark
    Options

It monitors you as you sleep. It records when you are asleep and when you wake up during the night. This could also be when you are restless, not necessarily awake. When you wake up and sync it, you get a graph showing the entire night, with indicators where you were awake and asleep. Numbers telling you how long it took to fall asleep, how many times awake. And it scores your sleep. Mine has not been above 69% so far. I just find it very neat!
  • jsp2374
    jsp2374 Posts: 131 Member
    Options

I also love the graphs that show the entire day, in 5 minute increments, and how active I was, how many calories I burned etc, in those times. I could go on and on. I haven't found anything I don't like about it. Other than it woke my husband up. Ok, maybe I woke him up freaking, because it wasn't on my arm when I woke in the middle of the night. But, he turned the light on and helped me look for it. Of course it was just in the bed.

This has happened to me twice. If I put it in the pocket on the wrist band it comes out. So I have gone with just clipping it half in half out of the wrist band pocket..

I love mine. Need to actually replace it, since I lost it. I am currently wearing my husbands. It gives me the motivation I need to get up and move.
  • SteffieMark
    Options
    I've been trying to decide between FitBit and Striiv. From what I have read, Striiv is more motivational and has games that you play by doing more exercising, walking, etc. It also somehow allows you to donate things to people, like water, vaccines, etc. Does anyone have experience with Striiv? Does anyone have an opinion between FitBit and Striiv? Thanks!

I looked into the Striiv, but had already decided on a Fitbit. I thought the game aspect of it was pretty cool, competing with friends etc. The Fitbit just has more of the features I wanted and I love the tiny size too. The Striiv looks like a pretty nice device too though.
  • karen0214
    karen0214 Posts: 120 Member
    Options

I looked into the Striiv, but had already decided on a Fitbit. I thought the game aspect of it was pretty cool, competing with friends etc. The Fitbit just has more of the features I wanted and I love the tiny size too. The Striiv looks like a pretty nice device too though.

Which features did you like better about the FitBit?
  • SteffieMark
    Options
    I cannot recall a whole lot about the Striiv, to tell you the truth. I thought the game aspect was neat and I think it rewarded you by some kind of donations of clean water to countries that need it, for walking so much or something like that.

Things about Fitbit...I really Love the sleep monitor. I love that it syncs with MFP, I don't recall if Striiv did that or not. I don't think so. With Fitbit, you can have friends on the Fitbit page and you do sort of compete, it gives you rankings for a few things and ranks you against each other. I like that it calls me Step Geek Steffie! lol I like the user friendliness of the website interface. It's very easy to navigate and understand. I really do like the smaller size too, I hardly know it's there. It seems the Striiv was about cell phone size, if I remember correctly.

I don't know much more about the Striiv, it looks like a decent device to me. I am already in love with my Fitbit. =D
  • angbieb
    Options
    Okay, I guess I was definitely too quick to pass judgement!! I love my fitbit now! It makes me want to walk more and it was pretty cool this morning seeing how much sleep I actually got! Only 5 hours and 2 min.! No wonder I'm so tired during the day! Plus like you said it makes you want to do better than you did the day before.
    You said you compete w/ others? Is that with the premium package?
    Thanks
    xxang
  • SteffieMark
    Options
    No, you get friends on Fitbit. You don't actually have competitions per se, but your friends are listed with you. It will rank you against them on things like steps taken, distance traveled and total very active times. I haven't found a way to really be interactive with Fitbit friends beside the forums. And I don't use their forums, I use these. lol You can add me as a friend if you like and we can see where we compare against each other. Just kinda gives you something to shoot for.

I'm really glad you gave it a second chance. I love mine and couldn't be happier. I'm still learning about it too though. My sleep is horrible too!

http://www.fitbit.com/user/233WVR
  • mamakayy
    Options
    You can also link the fitbit with earndit.com and get points for how active you are to trade in for gift cards or coupons to websites. I've redeemed a couple already.
  • SteffieMark
    Options
    You can also link the fitbit with earndit.com and get points for how active you are to trade in for gift cards or coupons to websites. I've redeemed a couple already.

I did not know that. Thanks!