New to this (so any help appreciated).

Options
Hello everyone.

I'm a wife of nearly 28 years and a mother of a 22 year old son. Up until 7 years ago I was always in good health and shape, mostly working 10-11 hours a day 6 days a week, so the weight kept at a healthy 88lbs. Due to illness and loss of motivation the weight slowly crept on, to the point where scales and full-length mirrors were banned.
Then something happened. About 3 months ago I stepped on a pair of scales and to my horror I weighed 151lbs. So I attempted to kick my but into gear. I'd do the workouts (most days), eat better, but then all motivation went out the window and I was back where I'd started. Only how wrong could I be.
Clothes seemed to be getting tighter or not fitting at all. So I encouraged myself to get on the scales again. What I saw disgusted me, I'd added another 12lbs to my weight.
At 5' 2", 163lbs is way over what I should be. So I thought enough is enough.
My sons girlfriend told me about this site, so I thought why not - give it a go. My husband has to lose a lot of weight as well, so we'll be doing this together. Starting tomorrow, we'll be embarking on the road to a new life which will hopefully change us for good.
I look forward to walking to path with you all.:smile:

Replies

• Orient_Charm
    Orient_Charm Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    Welcome to MFP, this site is very useful and sure you can do it....
    FR on the way.
  • Jorra
    Jorra Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options
    Welcome! You should join the group "Unofficial MFP FAQ" for answers to all the most common questions a newbie like yourself may have.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/457-unofficial-mfp-faq

Click on the above link, click Join Group, then click Discussion to see all the previously posted questions.
  • slimdownmike
    Options
    Welcome, and good luck to you!
  • Vickylynn31
    Vickylynn31 Posts: 11
    Options
    Hi...new here too. Good luck....and add me as a friend...we can do this!