Anorexia Relapse

Options
Usually my eating disorder is under control. I just don't think I can get out this time.
I know I need to get admitted somewhere to deal with it properly, but I don't have the money to pay for treatment, nor does my family.

If eating disorders are the most fatal mental diseases, how come insurance won't cover it?..

Replies

• transfixedtoast
    transfixedtoast Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Because the health care doesn't really care because they're ridiculous.
  • Lolli1986
    Lolli1986 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    Bump, hopefully someone who knows what to do will see.

Go see your doctor and they should know some options.

Good luck. x
  • Kailee360
    Kailee360 Posts: 46
    Options
    I looked at your profile and saw you were in Australia .. are you aware of the Butterfly Foundation ?

There is a helpline .

http://www.thebutterflyfoundation.org.au/

Good luck . :o)
  • bijoux2711
    bijoux2711 Posts: 28
    Options
    If you're in Australia, there are dozens of treatment options, both inpatient and outpatient, accessed free under Medicare. Have a chat with your GP.
  • EmCeeKayla
    EmCeeKayla Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    My profile doesn't say Australia?.. and if it does, I'm not sure why because for me the thing says United States.
  • Pihjin
    Pihjin Posts: 63
    Options
    Call these guys and see if they can recommend someone who might help pro bono or some free services available.
    http://www.nationaleatingdisorders.org/get-help-today/
    http://www.nationaleatingdisorders.org/get-help-today/treatment-referrals.php
  • Kailee360
    Kailee360 Posts: 46
    Options
    My profile doesn't say Australia?.. and if it does, I'm not sure why because for me the thing says United States.

Sorry , my mistatke - :blushing: I looked at another posters profile in your topic ..Lolli1986's .

I hope you have found some guidance .:smile:
  • weighlossforbaby
    weighlossforbaby Posts: 847 Member
    Options
    I had Anorexia back in 2005/2006 and I always felt like my body was gonna give out on me soon wth my chest (heart) hurting all the time and helping on the family farm without nutrients in my body didn't help. My hubby made me eat after we got married in late 2006 and I gained a good amount of weight. I never told anyone about it but my family knew.
  • leslisa
    leslisa Posts: 1,350 Member
    Options
    I don't know how you get out of it. I was "in" it until I was late 20's. And I didn't get out of it until I realized it was not a self image thing, it was a control thing for me.

I do know that it sucks, that you don't want to change but you do want to change. I mean, I liked being super skinny, feeling like was in control. It was a h*ll of a lot harder to let go and learn to deal with things in a healthy way.

For me, I made the change for my kids. I wanted to see them grow up. I still think it's part of the reason I had a heart attack at 35.

Whatever happens, thinking of you, if there is anything you want to know from me just ask. I'm 42 yo and still kickin'.
  • EmCeeKayla
    EmCeeKayla Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    thank you so much you guys.. I'm seriously going to need as much support as I can get to get through this.
  • holly1283
    holly1283 Posts: 741 Member
    Options
    Even if you don't believe, I will still pray for you.
  • ThinAsWire
    ThinAsWire Posts: 1
    Options
    Ive been suffering from an eating disorder, I know how you feel. I hope you can find a way to get in, and good luck!!
  • bathsheba_c
    bathsheba_c Posts: 1,873 Member
    Options
    Sorry I don't have any advice for you, but get better soon! I've had friends with eating disorders, so I know it can be tough to beat, but it can be done. Is your food diary public? Maybe it would help if you had someone looking over your shoulder to make sure you're eating?
  • brightberry
    Options
    Seek out support groups, literature, stories like those of the women found here: http://stophatingyourbody.tumblr.com/. Tell your family, tell your close friends, do whatever you can to reach out and never never forget you are beautiful. <3 I'm a recovered bulimic and I'll tell you right now, it is not easy but you'll be so thankful to rediscover the life you've been missing. You are worth it.
  • insatiable_need
    insatiable_need Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I know that some treatment facilities have scholarship programs based on how badly you need treatment. There are also facilities that are non-profit and are privately funded. You might see if there are any of those in your area.
  • Starsighter78
    Starsighter78 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    What state are you in? Minnesota has the Emily Program, which also has a branch in Washington.

That being said, check out http://www.eatingdisorderhope.com/ for resources and guidance on the options that you have to you locally.

Good luck! We're all here for you.
  • fionarama
    fionarama Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    can you talk to your ballet teacher about it?