Weight loss after drinking alcohol

Options
Hey guys,

Can anyone shed some light on this?

I went out last night and drank a shed load of sugary alcoholic drinks... WKD, Smirnoff Ice etc. I got on the scales this morning expecting to have gained weight, turns out I have lost a lb :noway:

This has happened before, when I went out last weekend it was the same, I had lost weight after a night out..

I know more than likely that lb is going to go back on in a day or so, but what's the reason for it going off in the first place after a boozy night? Just curious about the reasoning behind it more than anything!

Cheers guys. x:smile:

Replies

• _rosegray
    _rosegray Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    i'm no expert but i'd guess that it's probably due to dehydration..?
  • ksavy
    ksavy Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Dehydration. The same reason why people get hang overs, alcohol makes you dehydrated and you need to drink a couple glasses of water to combat it.
  • Kailee360
    Kailee360 Posts: 46
    Options
    When you get older Alcohol has the exact opposite effect ..... 2 glasses of Red or a couple of Beers , and I gain heaps , even when I'm cutting down on calories to allow for the Alcohol .

I could be irresponsible and say enjoy it while you can .. :drinker: :drinker:
  • mummma
    mummma Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    dehydration.... happens to me every time x
  • Tanimal20
    Tanimal20 Posts: 6
    Options
    When you get older Alcohol has the exact opposite effect ..... 2 glasses of Red or a couple of Beers , and I gain heaps , even when I'm cutting down on calories to allow for the Alcohol .

I could be irresponsible and say enjoy it while you can .. :drinker: :drinker:

Hahaha, this post made me giggle. I'd love to enjoy it if it stayed that way but I think it'll be back on in a couple of days! :laugh:
  • lcashy
    lcashy Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    dehydration, will be back on in a day or so im guessing. I had losts to drink yesterday (vodka and diet lemo) surprisingly not hungover but got the munchies. Not had anything yet, I do have a yoomoo frozen yogurt though for after lunch xx
  • BeckiCharlotte13x
    BeckiCharlotte13x Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    yup, if you way yourself when your hungover, you will be a lot lighter, because you are dehydrated :)

expect that way to go up over the next few days.
  • Weathers58
    Weathers58 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Its due to starch. Dont eat potatoes with the vodka and you wont lose weight.