18 kilos / 40 pounds and not sure what I'm aiming for!

Options
Hello! I'm Nadia, I'm almost 27 & I'm from Australia.

I've been using MFP for about six months and it has been BRILLIANT!
My weight loss has been slow and steady, it's slowing down even more now but I'm kicking things up a notch and seeing results :)

According to the BMI scale I should be 55-65kg at my height of 5'4".

To get there I would need to lose a further 15-25kg... That seems like a lot to lose! I don't know if it's because I havent been under say 70kg for over 10 years but I just can't picture myself at 55-65kg...?

Is the BMI scale always right?

Am I still going to be "fat" at 68-70kg which is what I'm aiming for?

Does it take into account "busty" women or body shapes?

Just wondering if there's anyone out there who has felt too thin at their "ideal" weight... Or am I just being lazy and trying to get away with only losing 10 more...

Nadia

Replies

• goldengirl28
    goldengirl28 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    you know what i can relate to this, exactly...............a few years ago i lost a tonne of weight, i'm 5 ft7, and my suggested weight range is between 121-160 lbs (10.7 - 11.4)
    Well i looked like a lollipop when i got to about 175lb (12st 5lb) even my hubby commented. so i put a little back on to about 12.13...................got my boobs back and felt much better.............................i just didn't stop there and put on 2 more stones, which i'm trying to get off now :)

I'm a big athletic build so i don't think i'll ever be in the lower ranges.
  • nadiosa99
    nadiosa99 Posts: 5
    Options
    you know what i can relate to this, exactly...............a few years ago i lost a tonne of weight, i'm 5 ft7, and my suggested weight range is between 121-160 lbs (10.7 - 11.4)
    Well i looked like a lollipop when i got to about 175lb (12st 5lb) even my hubby commented. so i put a little back on to about 12.13...................got my boobs back and felt much better.............................i just didn't stop there and put on 2 more stones, which i'm trying to get off now :)

I'm a big athletic build so i don't think i'll ever be in the lower ranges.

Haha, yeah I really don't want the lollipop look! I guess all I can really do is wait and see how I look/feel at 70, 68, etc...