why do i feel sick when i exercise?

Options
Hey guys,

I've recently started up on the insanity work out, and i notice that when i push myself i start to feel sick and dizzy. Is this just because i'm not as fit as i should be? Any advice on how to prevent it?

Thanks!

Replies

• Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    Hey guys,

I've recently started up on the insanity work out, and i notice that when i push myself i start to feel sick and dizzy. Is this just because i'm not as fit as i should be? Any advice on how to prevent it?

Thanks!

probably out of shape. could also be what you ate, if anything before the workout. stay hydrated. slow down when you get dizzy...take time to adapt to this new activity

if it persists, get a complete physical which you should do anyway. I am sure the program tells you to do that.
  • Freijya1605
    Options
    thanks for the advice, i had a physical not too long ago, so i'm fine. Thanks for the advice! slow down and keep hydrated!
  • bellefille
    bellefille Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    If you have not had a physical recently, please do so. It could be that you are out of shape, but it is best to rule out any cardiac issues before you continue.
  • miss_dreamer
    miss_dreamer Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Hello you :P I think it's probably because you've jumped straight into Insanity, stay hydrated and maybe try a shorter workout for a day and see if you feel the same with that.