Body media - higher tdee?

Options
anyone got a body media and find your tdee was alot higher than you thought? Did you go with the data and subtract 500 cals off of that total daily figure? Has it worked for you?
Seems scary as quite a bit higher.

Also do you wear it when at gym for cardio x weights?

Replies

• AmyM713
    AmyM713 Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    What is body media?
  • wendyapple
    wendyapple Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    I've got one and am surprised by how high my tdee is, averaging around 2400-2500/day. It recommends I eat 1800-1900/day but with mfp I'm eating at 1300 and exercise cals. I haven't gotten the numbers figured out yet but i'm trying different combinations to see what works best.
  • wendyapple
    wendyapple Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    What is body media?

It's a data collecting sensor that you wear on an armband and it captures body temp and motion and calculates tdee, steps taken, hours slept, and activity level and connects to a website to generate a visual display of your data.
  • mommymeg2
    mommymeg2 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I am hoping to get a BMF soon and I bet my burns will be around what we guess my TDEE is. I think people sell themselves short as far as what they burn in a day. The group I've linked below suggests eating 85% of what your TDEE is. I think it's pretty sound info.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/forums/show/3834-eat-more-to-weigh-less
  • mamitosami
    mamitosami Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    I got my BMF about 2 and half weeks ago. My TDEE is quite a bit higher than I thought. I have been burning about 2800-3300 a day. I am tall and heavy and quite active though. I started eating more, about 500-600 calories more and the first week I instantly lost 7 pounds! I've gone up about 3 pounds again though, so I'm waiting to see how it pans out over time. I'm trying to lose about 4 pounds, so I'm fairly close to maintenance, so we'll see.

Frankly, I love being able to eat more and I hope to be able to keep doing it and maintain a lower weight. Only time will tell...