Personal and possible TMI question!

Options
I started my weightloss journey at a size (uk) 18 and 221lbs, and at a small 5ft 2in. before having my 2 sons i was a healthy weight and a slim size 10, my first pregnancy caused me to pile on the pounds which i never seemed to be able to shift! Im now currently weighing 177lbs and a size 14, im aiming for 140lbs and then see where to go from there but since the pregnancies and massive weightgain i have this sag of tummy that hangs down over my pubic area, like an apron as iv heard people calling it! No matter how much weight im losing, and how much work im putting in at the gym, this flap just doesnt seem to be budging and if im honest its getting more floppy! like its now excess skin as opposed to anything being 'in it' if you know what i mean!! Has anybody else had/got this and has anybody successfully managed to get rid of it? if not get rid then reduced it!?

Replies

• yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    An online friend had hers sorted out surgically.
  • lemasney
    lemasney Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I started my weightloss journey at a size (uk) 18 and 221lbs, and at a small 5ft 2in. before having my 2 sons i was a healthy weight and a slim size 10, my first pregnancy caused me to pile on the pounds which i never seemed to be able to shift! Im now currently weighing 177lbs and a size 14, im aiming for 140lbs and then see where to go from there but since the pregnancies and massive weightgain i have this sag of tummy that hangs down over my pubic area, like an apron as iv heard people calling it! No matter how much weight im losing, and how much work im putting in at the gym, this flap just doesnt seem to be budging and if im honest its getting more floppy! like its now excess skin as opposed to anything being 'in it' if you know what i mean!! Has anybody else had/got this and has anybody successfully managed to get rid of it? if not get rid then reduced it!?

Surgery may be the only option. http://mician.net/fat_apron.php
  • PottyMrs
    PottyMrs Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    i was really hoping there was ways without surgery, i dont know if i could go thru that! Iv had a c-section and i do sometimes wonder if its anything like that!? as with that i had no pain and i was fine within days, but i dont know!?
  • Kichelchen
    Kichelchen Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Don't think about surgery at all for now!! According to your ticker you still have over 30 pounds to go, and in those your tummy could be included. Also, depending on how long it took you to get where you are, you may have simply lost the weight faster than your skin can regenerate. Just give it time. People in their 50s have succeeded with excess skin, so you should be able to easily as well. Drink loads of water, exercise, eat loads of protein (which is overall good for you anyway) and use lotion (that helped me with my thighs a bit already). Good luck :)
  • mrseelmerfudd
    mrseelmerfudd Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    try p90! ive the same problem! i put on well over 4 stone with my daugther when i was pregnant and ive been left with the most minging saggy belly!! ive started p90 as it work core etc and will hopefully help pull my tummy sag up a bit! i know it will never be the same as it was due to the amount of stretch marks on my stomach, however i want to just get it even slightly better!
  • AnninStPaul
    AnninStPaul Posts: 1,372 Member
    Options
    It takes time. I'm giving mine another 2 1/2 years (significant birthday alert) before seeing a surgeon. By which time I'm thinking it won't be necessary!
  • StaceyL76
    StaceyL76 Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    Give it time. See what happens when you strive to be in the Best shape of your life. You will be surprised at how the body will change.

Give it time.

Have a great day!
  • dlwyatt82
    dlwyatt82 Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    Some people's skin will stretch back over a period of a year or two, and others will need to get a tummy tuck to sort it out. It's kind of like determining where the fat comes off your body first; a genetic "luck of the draw."
  • kiminikimkim
    kiminikimkim Posts: 746 Member
    Options
    Complete the weight loss. Then think about your options then. You never know, it may improve. If it doesn't, then surgery may be the answer. Your C-section has cut some of your abdominal muscles, that's why it hurt so much. Guaranteed a tummy tuck will feel very painful as well. They may be sewing your abdominal muscles together to tighten the tummy area.

None of the people I know who has had it done has regretted the decisions on having one. You could always see a plastic surgeon and find out what the down time is and cost.
  • ZugTheMegasaurus
    ZugTheMegasaurus Posts: 801 Member
    Options
    i was really hoping there was ways without surgery, i dont know if i could go thru that! Iv had a c-section and i do sometimes wonder if its anything like that!? as with that i had no pain and i was fine within days, but i dont know!?
    It is actually a less risky and serious surgery than a C-section (people really do play down how serious a C-section is) because it is simply removing excess skin and fat rather than cutting through the abdominal wall and into an organ.
  • PottyMrs
    PottyMrs Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the advice, like you say, I've still got a bit to go yet, maybe this last 37lbs is the belly hang!? Who knows!? I may be posting again in a few months!!