Are you my future buddy?

Options
WhiteCloud9
WhiteCloud9 Posts: 113 Member
Hi all, I've finally decided that I need pals for help and encouragement. If you feel the same way then feel free to add me as a friend.

About me: 5' 6", want to get down to 145lb, love zumba and strength training, and am trying to like running. I've been doing the south beach diet and will move into phase two tomorrow.

Tell me a little about yourselves!

Replies

• nanapapaof5
    nanapapaof5 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    If you need support this is the place. Fill free to add me if you would like and good luck.
  • JMPerlin
    JMPerlin Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Hi, been trying to get the same 20 lbs off for years. I tried everything with limited results. 2 years ago I was given an ultimatum from my doctor. My choice was to live, and not be a burden. I have lost quite a bit of weight but now back on that stubborn 20. Feel free to add me, I will help as best as I can. I am sure you would do the same.
  • blmr85
    blmr85 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    HI!!
    Im 5'7', 152 lbs, looking to lose about 10 lbs or so. Last year I was at my heaviest at 170. I started running last year and ran a couple 5ks.
    Feel free to add me as a friend for motivation and support !
  • bevsdietfor2011
    bevsdietfor2011 Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome. You will find that you will end up with lots of "buddies" on here and it is just AWESOME!!!!! I am sending a friend request to you. We are all on this journey together. Hugs!
  • dward2011
    dward2011 Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! good luck on your goals.
  • HeatherMonska
    Options
    Feel free to add me..we all can use extra push now and then. Back in September 2011..I looked in mirror and hated what I seen..I was a married mom of 2 and I let myself go..I didn't like the feeling that overcame me...if I continued to keep eating junk and not taking care of myself..I was not going to be around for my spouse and kids. It hit me like a brick. I started working out like crazy. I know it is probably the most "unhealthy diet" around but did Atkins..drank water like crazy ( and that was hard because I am not a BIG water drinker)..but in week I had lost 4.5lbs and I was seeing results..so I stayed on it another few weeks till I had lost 10. Now that I am at weight I have not been at in years...I eat whatever..but I am still careful with certain things..still workout 3-4 times a week and enjoying life with my family..I have so much more energy..I just feel awesome!! That is greatest feeling EVER!!

Started at 174.5 and now weigh 136. Keep up the good work!! You can do it..
  • KStyleFitness
    KStyleFitness Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I would like some new buddies. I have yo-yo'd my weight for years, its time to get it off and keep it off! I'm a personal trainer and teach Turbo Kick so my workouts are crazy intense, I just like to eat!
  • WhiteCloud9
    Options
    Thank you all for your support and willingness to to be friends!
  • WhiteCloud9
    Options
    Thank you for being honest. I like working out when I get to the gym but it's the getting there that is the challenge.
  • WhiteCloud9
    Options
    I would like some new buddies. I have yo-yo'd my weight for years, its time to get it off and keep it off! I'm a personal trainer and teach Turbo Kick so my workouts are crazy intense, I just like to eat!

I thought I quoted you in my reply about being honest but I'm doing this on my smartphone and didn't realize I hit "reply."
  • douladanielle34
    Options
    Feel free to add me, too. I'm 5'7 and hoping to get to 165 or so. I struggle with working out, so decided just to "move more" which is easy now that I'm working. I try to log in every day and am trying to do a better job with logging my food as well. My son graduates the end of the month, so I'm pretty motivated right now but can always use another push!
  • WhiteCloud9
    Options
    Feel free to add me, too. I'm 5'7 and hoping to get to 165 or so. I struggle with working out, so decided just to "move more" which is easy now that I'm working. I try to log in every day and am trying to do a better job with logging my food as well. My son graduates the end of the month, so I'm pretty motivated right now but can always use another push!

I believe your "move more" attitude will help keep you motivated. Do you have any specific things that you're going to add to your day?
  • aablacknell
    aablacknell Posts: 856 Member
    Options
    I have been on the up & down road most of my life. When the road is down it is great to have the push from other people.