HRM?

Options
What is a really good quality Heart Rate Monitor that won't exactly break the bank?

Replies

• mgs68pony
    mgs68pony Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    I just bought the Polar FT7 for under 100. I love it!
  • countrygirlatheart0717
    countrygirlatheart0717 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    What is a really good quality Heart Rate Monitor that won't exactly break the bank?

Hello,

This is the one I have and I love it - Polar FT4 for Women (obviously). It wasn't too expensive and it works AWESOME!!!

http://www.amazon.com/Polar-Heart-Rate-Monitor-Purple/dp/B005M1P85O/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1336314692&sr=8-1
  • dperich1968
    dperich1968 Posts: 235 Member
    Options

Hello,

This is the one I have and I love it - Polar FT4 for Women (obviously). It wasn't too expensive and it works AWESOME!!!

http://www.amazon.com/Polar-Heart-Rate-Monitor-Purple/dp/B005M1P85O/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1336314692&sr=8-1

I love my Polar FT4, works great and is a good price!!
  • sma83
    sma83 Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    I have the Polar FT7 for women and LOVE IT! With shipping it was less than $80. I found an online coupon code that gave me so much off. Just google "free online coupons for heart rate monitors" and a whole bunch of stuff will come up. I think I ended up getting 8% off my total order or something like that.
  • Toddrific
    Toddrific Posts: 1,114 Member
    Options
    I got my Polar FT7 from bodytronics for like 63 dollars, I think the FT4 was 50ish dollars. There is a coupon code or something like popo.
  • morninglilli
    morninglilli Posts: 194
    Options
    Just purchased the Polar Ft7 from bodytronics for under $80 with shipping. I cant wait for it to get here!!!!!!
  • Bumdrahp
    Bumdrahp Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    I'm with you on breaking the bank. Seems I can't find one cheap enough with good reviews.. Looks like I am going to need to start a savings acct for a hrm!! I can't even find a good deal on Ebay! The ones 85 and under have awful reviews.. I don't want to buy one and have to return it a day later..
  • Naybelline
    Naybelline Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone I'm glad I saw this thread. I'm glad there's a good "cheap" version on polar. everyone always told me to go for the polar FT60F which is expensive!
  • shannoni_23
    shannoni_23 Posts: 25
    Options
    I haven't read the reviews, but I got mine from Walmart for $28.88. I haven't seen the reviews, but I like it. I think it's called sport line or something. I think it works just as well as the $100 watch my boss bought.
  • butterfli7o
    butterfli7o Posts: 1,319 Member
    Options
    I'm having the same issue Ksotovelez...the Polar is just too expensive for me at the moment, I was wanting to spend not more than $30 but I don't want to buy a piece of crap that sucks and is inaccurate.
  • Newf77
    Newf77 Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    I have the Polar FT7, got it back in December and use it daily. They are inexpensive and quality. It has been said and I will state it again, get one that has a strap, you can find "cheap" that are watches but they are not as accurate or IMO user friendly. You need to touch a sensor on the watch to get a reading {yes some have the senor on the back but those run a little higher in price.}
  • shannoni_23
    shannoni_23 Posts: 25
    Options
    looked mine up, it's actually $27.77 I think it's fine. I feel like it's acurate. On the reviews someone said they have to come to a complete stop to get their HR, but I don't have that problem. And some people say they have to dry their finger to test it, but I actually think it works better when it's sweaty.
    For the price, if I do have to try two times to get the heart rate, it's not a big deal. I'd rather do that than pay a lot more money. And it's was more accurate/better than trying to go off of the machine or MFP.
  • WaterBunnie
    WaterBunnie Posts: 1,370 Member
    Options
    I've been told that when the battery goes in a Polar chest strap you have to replace the whole strap. Is that right?
  • sarasmile144
    sarasmile144 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the replies!
  • Toddrific
    Toddrific Posts: 1,114 Member
    Options
    I've been told that when the battery goes in a Polar chest strap you have to replace the whole strap. Is that right?
    Depends on the model you have. My FT7 you can replace the battery in the watch and the strap.
  • WaterBunnie
    WaterBunnie Posts: 1,370 Member
    Options