Kettle Worx

Options
I just recently purchased the Kettle Worx 5 lb. set with 6 DVD's....is there currently anyone using this...how is it going?
Thanks,
San :)

Replies

• FlyByJuly
    FlyByJuly Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    I've been using Kettleworx since the beginning of February. I love it! I've been doing workouts from all of the DVDs, switching it up all the time, learning the moves correctly (important to always check yourself, then re-check!). Just this week, I started the Six Week Body. Anyway, since I started using kettlebells in Feb, I've lost inches, firmed up my arms, core, butt, legs. Oh, and shoulders as well! Be sure to pop in the companion CD-ROM. There is some really helpful information in there!!! I have moved up to using a 10lb kettlebell in the past month. At first, I thought 'omg, this is rough!' But that's what it takes! I'm now almost to the point where I can push thru those last few lifts/reps. I hope you enjoy it!!

Edit to add: You ARE going to work your butt off, you ARE going to sweat, and you ARE going to get your heart-rate pounding!!!
  • EchoOfYourPast
    EchoOfYourPast Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    I've been using Kettleworx since the beginning of February. I love it! I've been doing workouts from all of the DVDs, switching it up all the time, learning the moves correctly (important to always check yourself, then re-check!). Just this week, I started the Six Week Body. Anyway, since I started using kettlebells in Feb, I've lost inches, firmed up my arms, core, butt, legs. Oh, and shoulders as well! Be sure to pop in the companion CD-ROM. There is some really helpful information in there!!! I have moved up to using a 10lb kettlebell in the past month. At first, I thought 'omg, this is rough!' But that's what it takes! I'm now almost to the point where I can push thru those last few lifts/reps. I hope you enjoy it!!

Edit to add: You ARE going to work your butt off, you ARE going to sweat, and you ARE going to get your heart-rate pounding!!!

Awesome, FlybyJuly, is it closer to strength training or cardio? I am hoping strength ...reason i bought it... Did you start with the 5 lb? Wonderful to hear that you are getting good results and enjoy it!
    Thanks,
  • FlyByJuly
    FlyByJuly Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    I'm going to send you a message!
  • EchoOfYourPast
    Options
    No one else using Kettle Worx....Did two 20 min workouts ...loved it!
  • IrishHarpy1
    IrishHarpy1 Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    I've been doing it since last August -- and I absolutely LOVE it! The previous poster was right, and you WILL sweat, and you WILL get sore, but it is *very* important to make sure you take the time to learn the proper technique. The day after my first workout my legs were so sore that I was taking the stairs one at a time like I was 80 years old.

It didn't help me drop a lot of weight, but I *did* drop from size medium shirts/size 8 pants down to size extra small shirts/size 2-4 pants. I feel great, and I have muscle tone that I never thought was hiding there! :happy:
  • EchoOfYourPast
    Options
    i am glad to hear that ...that i will absolutely love it!! And you have been on it since August of last year...so it is something enjoyable enough to stick with.. I hope i get sore....i did level 1 and level 2 of the Fast Fat Burn last night along with jillian michaels 30 DS....im hoping the soreness will kick in tomorrow...dont think ive ever done that many squats in my life.
  • scrappy25
    scrappy25 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I have finished 2 weeks of Kettleworx (6 workouts) with a 10 lb kettlebell. The cycle goes cardio- core-resistance (3 20 min workouts a week). The cardio and resistance workouts make me sweat but the core does not, perhaps I am not pushing my abs far enough. There is a 10 minute fast fat burn circuit included on a bonus dvd that I add on to the core workout. I also bought Sarah Lurie's Iron Core series ($12 for 2 technique dvd's and 2 workout dvd's, it's a steal) in order to learn the techniques properly since the Kettleworks program does not spend a lot of time on teaching technique. I like the workouts enough that I purchased another set of 10-15-20 lb kettlebells anticipating "graduating" up the scale as I finish the 6 weeks.

Kettlebells/Kettleworx add a low impact way to achieve my goals and is an great workout I do mix it in with a variety of other types of workouts on other days to make it more interesting and fun. If you are limited for time it is a very efficient workout that you can do at home with minimal equipment.
  • GellisIndigo
    GellisIndigo Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I just started week 4 of Kettle Worx. I started out with the 5 pounder, and moved up to the 10 pounder during week 3.

Like IrishHarpy1, after the first day my legs hurt SO badly I could barely function. But after the second day, everything improved. I do curse while doing it, especially when he tells me to "go to a happy place"! But I just put on shorts yesterday that didn't fit me a month ago. In fact, they are 2 sizes smaller than the ones I was wearing a month ago, so it must be working!
  • EchoOfYourPast
    Options
    Scrappy,
    Thank you..i will have to look for the Sarah Lurie's Iron Core series . Wow, 10 lbs that is awesome. I to am mixing with other workouts!

GellisIndigo,
    And you too..wow..on the 10 lb as well..that is gr8!

I wonder if I didn't "push" hard enough...my legs are not at all sore....I went as low as i could go on my squats...I really am hoping for some pain tomorrow..just so i know i have done some good..

So glad it is working for all of ya'll!