WHY SO FEW CALORIES???

Options
IM MAINTAINING NOW AND HAVE BEEN FOR A FEW WEEKS IVE STARTED DOING TAE BO DVD ABOUT 3 TIMES A WEEK BUT FEEL SO DISHEARTENED WHEN IM SWEATING TO DEATH AND MY HRM SAYS IVE ONLY LOST JUST OVER 100 CALORIES!!! IS IT BECAUSE IM AT MY GOAL WEIGHT ?

Replies

• Oishii
    Oishii Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    Sounds like quite a lot to me!
  • zsaoosh
    zsaoosh Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    If you have been doing the same exercise for a while, your body doesnt work as hard. Mix it up. Also, when you have lower body fat and weight, your body doesnt loose as much. It also depends on your HRM. If it is one that goes around your chest and you sweat alot then maybe it isnt reading it very well due to the sweat. I keep hearing about the ones that go around your arm. GOOD LUCK
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    How long is the workout?

(Too bad that sweat =/= calories, otherwise I'd already be skinny :laugh: )
  • wndnls
    wndnls Posts: 25
    Options
    If you have been doing the same exercise for a while, your body doesnt work as hard. Mix it up. Also, when you have lower body fat and weight, your body doesnt loose as much. It also depends on your HRM. If it is one that goes around your chest and you sweat alot then maybe it isnt reading it very well due to the sweat. I keep hearing about the ones that go around your arm. GOOD LUCK

I agree. Try to push your self more in doing another tip of cardio. Great job on your weight loss and good luck!
  • strawberry1969
    strawberry1969 Posts: 1,476 Member
    Options
    Thanks for your comments!!ive only been doing this dvd for two weeks i also do my fitness coach cardio workout and laden soltani workout dvds and ive just started ripped in 30 this week !!
  • douglasmobbs
    douglasmobbs Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    You burn more calories when you type with the caps lock key off.
  • tabulator32
    tabulator32 Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    If you are wearing a calorie counting device on your body and most of your workout consists of motion of your arms and legs, it may be missing the opportunity to count that motion.
  • PickTara
    PickTara Posts: 19
    Options
    If you want to boost your calories burned before a workout video, take a 5 min run to get your heart rate up first, then do your video, you will see a big difference. I usually run a mile before I do my workout video, there is a huge difference in the calories burned when I run first and when I don't!