How many calories do you net a day?

Options
My goal is to net around 1360. With exercise and if I don't eat all of my calories, I normally net between 1200-1360. I am not really losing any weight doing this. I am at the lowest weight I have been in years and I know I am in a plateau. I would love to be 115, but with lifting weights and doing Brazil Butt Lift, I don't know if I'll ever reach my "magic number," which is only 5lbs away from my current weight. I know I shouldn't care about the numbers on the scale, but I do. I really need to stop weighing myself so much.

Has anyone out there ever been in this situation? The scale has not budged in weeks and I'm getting frustrated.

Replies

• _David_
    _David_ Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    My goal is to net around 1360. With exercise and if I don't eat all of my calories, I normally net between 1200-1360. I am not really losing any weight doing this. I am at the lowest weight I have been in years and I know I am in a plateau. I would love to be 115, but with lifting weights and doing Brazil Butt Lift, I don't know if I'll ever reach my "magic number," which is only 5lbs away from my current weight. I know I shouldn't care about the numbers on the scale, but I do. I really need to stop weighing myself so much.

Has anyone out there ever been in this situation? The scale has not budged in weeks and I'm getting frustrated.
    I have been there and honestly if your active I would add 200 calories in your diet and stay there for at least a week and a half or two, if you are not gaining and still not dropping add another 100 or so. Try to cycle your calories also, 1500 one day then go 1300 another and then 1600. Never let your body adjust to one set number, it does not want to change and staying at say 1200 it will adapt and you will plateau. I cycle 2700-3200 a day and as long as I hit my macros for the day and over all calories for the WEEK I am good.
  • Autry403
    Autry403 Posts: 88
    Options
    I finally decided I'm not going to worry about calories much anymore . I've stopped eating meats recently , and I'm going to do a raw veggie & fruits diet . So I can eat as much of those as I want , with some good fats & some grains . I'm just trying to figure out how much it's going to hurt my wallet .______. LOL
  • SweatpantsRebellion
    SweatpantsRebellion Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    Between 1800 and 2300. Workout days it's closer to 1800 - 2000. Non workout days it's closer to 2300, sometimes 2400 or 2500.
  • gracienkaidens_momma
    gracienkaidens_momma Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Thanks for your replies. I think I might up my calories a little bit on workout days and then stay at my net goal on non-workout days. Hopefully that'll make a difference.
  • creature275
    creature275 Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    I shoot for 4000 but thats hard to get to most days