Whey Protein Suggestions

Options
jmxxiiii
jmxxiiii Posts: 231 Member
Hi Everyone,
I'm currently using a whey protein that has a lot of calories and a little high on the carb scale.... Any suggestions for a lower cal/lower carb protein? Please no shakeology or body by vi suggestions please!

TIA!

Replies

• creature275
    creature275 Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Optimum Nutrition 100% Gold Standard Why - derives most content from Isolates, is 81% protein by weight and contains very little carbs or fats
  • DFWTT
    DFWTT Posts: 374
    Options
    If you want just whey isolates and hydro etc, the best choice is ON Gold Standard. Quality, quantity, taste and price. Not a meal replacement by itself.
  • jmxxiiii
    Options
    Thanks so much!
  • harebearva
    harebearva Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    You can also check out www.bodybuilding.com. Their store has a ton of whey proteins and you can examine the nutrition profile for each and compare. Suplementreviews.com is a good place to check out protein reviews. The other posters are correct though, the ON gold standard as a great go-to whey. Right now I'm using wheyfx gold which is essentially like the gold standard but is a little cheaper. Hope this helps
  • jmxxiiii
    Options
    You can also check out www.bodybuilding.com. Their store has a ton of whey proteins and you can examine the nutrition profile for each and compare. Suplementreviews.com is a good place to check out protein reviews. The other posters are correct though, the ON gold standard as a great go-to whey. Right now I'm using wheyfx gold which is essentially like the gold standard but is a little cheaper. Hope this helps

I'm on that site right now! I love this site :) and that site too haha :)
  • Fieldsy
    Fieldsy Posts: 1,105 Member
    Options
    Optimum Nutrition 100% Gold Standard Why - derives most content from Isolates, is 81% protein by weight and contains very little carbs or fats

by far the best!

order it from bodybuilding.com.....their shipping is faster than any other company out there.
  • harebearva
    harebearva Posts: 216 Member
    Options

by far the best!

order it from bodybuilding.com.....their shipping is faster than any other company out there.
    Although I do live on the same coast as one of their distribution centers, routinely when I order from them, it arrives in my state within 24hours and I usually get stuff in 2-3 days after ordering. They ARE much better than average! Also, if you order from them, don't forget to go to the free sample part of the store and throw in some freebies. They will often time do this anyway, but get some free protein bar samples.
  • gordonx4
    gordonx4 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    bump
  • heddylyn
    heddylyn Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Www.permalean.com
  • Echo17121
    Echo17121 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I really like ON Double Rich Chocolate so I recommend that for sure but I just recently tried About Time protein powder (you can buy samples at their site) and it was 0 carbs and 0 fat! Really really good and very simple ingredients. I was in need of powder and they don't really sell it close to me so I went back to ON but I would get the About Time again if I remember to order in time! lol They also have a birthday cake one that is really good!
  • jmxxiiii
    Options
    Does anyone have an recommendations for something that could replace a meal? I'm getting back into working out, but I'm not a big fan of breakfast, I've been using a protein shake for breakfast and that helps keep me full and on track until lunch.
  • Fieldsy
    Options
    I replaced meals with these shakes as well....maybe just add a little peanut butter to it.
  • ChrisRN75495
    Options
    Hi Everyone,
    I'm currently using a whey protein that has a lot of calories and a little high on the carb scale.... Any suggestions for a lower cal/lower carb protein? Please no shakeology or body by vi suggestions please!

TIA!
    I guess it depends on how you use it. If it's prepared drinks or snacks, you are going to get more carbs because whey by itself is something less than tasty. You said no shakeology, I'm not sure what that means so I hope I am not overstepping.... I use any powdered whey protein that has low carbs and high protein and little or no fat. I read the labels. And the way I consume it is in a shake--4 oz milk, a scoop of the whey protein, about the same amount of cocoa, about the same amount of instant coffee (if I am in a mocha mood), some cinnamon (maybe a teaspoon--enough to make a difference). If I get wild and crazy, I haul out the dedicated coffee grinder and freshly grind some flax or chia and throw that it. Switch on the blender, add a little water if it isn't thin enough, crank in some crushed ice.

High protein, low carb, low fat, high in flavonoids, high in fiber, high in omegas, and tastes totally decadent.
  • ChrisRN75495
    Options
    I replaced meals with these shakes as well....maybe just add a little peanut butter to it.
    Wow. I just want to say, Way To Go!! 220 lb lost.

My virtual hat is off to you!
  • jmxxiiii
    Options

Okay good, that's what I thought I could do (and correctly) lol, thank you again! Congratulations on your WL! Great job!
  • megg0616
    megg0616 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • Fieldsy
    Options

Okay good, that's what I thought I could do (and correctly) lol, thank you again! Congratulations on your WL! Great job!

thanks
  • pyrowill
    pyrowill Posts: 1,163 Member
    Options
    Try my protein.co.uk, whey protein isolate
  • amculver1
    amculver1 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    bump
  • pyrowill
    pyrowill Posts: 1,163 Member
    Options