Weighing In.....

Options
How often should I weigh in/take measurements? Daily, in the morning or once a week in the morning?

What do you do?

Replies

• GreenDayChick820
    Options
    I weigh in once a month. but i heard from a friend of mine the weighing in every two weeks is more appropriate. so i started doing that.
  • l0ttie
    Options
    I weigh in once a week. If I need to make any adjustments then I can do so weather it's with my eating or workouts.
  • GreenEyedMonster
    Options
    I just wait until I look in the mirror and think "Hmm... looking better" then I get on the scale and find out I gained 3 pounds... on second thought smash that damn thing into a million pieces.

I'm half joking. I don't worry about weighing as long as I am no kidding sticking to my workouts and eating habits. When I start slacking off I usually will weigh myself more often.
  • AlannaPie
    AlannaPie Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    I do it every week, but really look at the overall results for the month
  • Daniel78
    Options
    I weigh in every morning when I first wake up and set my caloric intake for the day based off of what I currently weigh. I'll augment that with the appropriate amount of cardio to ensure that I'm on the right track.
  • 1Sweets
    1Sweets Posts: 395
    Options
    I just wait until I look in the mirror and think "Hmm... looking better" then I get on the scale and find out I gained 3 pounds... on second thought smash that damn thing into a million pieces.

I'm half joking. I don't worry about weighing as long as I am no kidding sticking to my workouts and eating habits. When I start slacking off I usually will weigh myself more often.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: I'm with you Monster :smokin:
  • stormieweather
    stormieweather Posts: 2,549 Member
    Options
    I weigh every day and I really shouldn't. I need to break that habit.
  • April0815
    April0815 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    My husband hid the scale on me when I started strength training with a trainer in July. I haven't weighed since. My trainer will do my measurements in a couple of weeks.
  • toots99
    toots99 Posts: 3,794 Member
    Options
    I weigh every day and I really shouldn't. I need to break that habit.

Same here. :frown:
  • toots99
    toots99 Posts: 3,794 Member
    Options
    My husband hid the scale on me when I started strength training with a trainer in July. I haven't weighed since. My trainer will do my measurements in a couple of weeks.

Not weighing since July? That would drive me crazy! :noway:
  • ♥seoid♥
    Options
    I weigh daily...but only record my weight once a week.
  • lizzys
    lizzys Posts: 841 Member
    Options
    i weigh in every day it holds me more responsibile and i record it two if i"m good like i should be i dont put on any weight it just helps me to do it that way
  • madmama
    madmama Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Once a week is really all that is necessary as your weight can swing up to 5 pounds in either direction in 1 day. I would also suggest do not rely just on the scale a tape measure can really be your best friend and those measurements can be taken once a month. Muscle takes up less space then fat cells.:bigsmile:
  • April0815
    April0815 Posts: 780 Member
    Options

Not weighing since July? That would drive me crazy! :noway:

I use to weigh all the time. When I first started I didn't exercise. When I started working out with a trainer I didn't understand the whole thing about when you gain muscle the scale may stay the same or move up. I was so depressed when I kept getiing on the scale. I couldn't get in the mindset of measuring instead of weighing. So I was crying telling my husband how I have been working my a** off and the scale isn't showing it. Then I told him just pick the scale up. I meant to just put it in the cabinet so I wouldn't be tempted to weigh every time I went in the bathroom well needless to say he hid it on me and went offshore. So after 2 weeks of not weighing I got over it. So my trainer is going to measure me like every two months.
  • joanewright
    Options
    same here. I don't freak out if I gain a half pound or stay the same, because I know I am building muscle, which weighs more...I just weigh to give me an idea if I'm on track or not. I went for about a year without weighing, and I gained about 15 pounds. I knew I was gaining, just didn't want to admit it, so I just didn't weigh. This just seems to work for me, so I would say whatever works for you is best:happy: