Set me some new and small goals

Options
So I started at my heaviest at 265, some of you that are friends on my MFP know that I battle PCOS and it is hard. I was put on the metformin and the first week at 250mg, I had one bad day everything else is great. So bumping to 500mg soon. Anyways I always got depressed setting high goals, so I am setting small 10% goals....

I have lost 14 pounds so far.... I need to lose 26 lbs for my first goal, I am excited now that I only have 13 more to go... I am getting married in June so I am hoping to hit this goal, and maybe a little of goal number 2 so here is my goals...

1st goal- 26lbs (239)
2nd goal - 23 lbs ( 216)
3rd goal- 21 lbs ( 195)
4th goal- 20 lbs ( 175)
5th goal - 17 lbs ( 158)
LAST GOAL- 15 lbs ( 143) my goal is to be between 140 and 150 yea here is to small steps and a long road...

Replies

• lilcmac22
    lilcmac22 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    You may want to consider breaking your goals down further. What goals can you set to make your weight loss happen? For example, goals of drinking healthy amounts of water, adding more veggies and fruits into your diet, getting the proper amount of sleep, working out a specific amount of time or burning a set number of calories. More specifically on the last option, you can set goals to burn extra calories though cardio, strength, or both. I learned focusing on my weight was getting me no where because it is easy to get discouraged with scales, but focusing on the small steps like these things keep me in line and the weight comes off. Make sure to be specific though. For example, think about what you need to work on and say, I am going to set goals to drink 10 glasses of water a day, add one veggie and fruit to your daily amount, sleep 8 hours, or workout 6 days for 30 min in cardio and 3 days a week for strength, ect.

Also remember you can revise them at any time. I said I want to run a 5K so started running. After about a week I was tired of it. Running on the treadmill bored me and it was too cold to run outside. I then said I am going to master a workout DVD's. That lasted a few weeks until I got bored again. Then I set my goal for a specific time and calorie burn, so now, I can bike, run, DVD/Youtube it, whatever sounds good at the time and it does not get boring. I am more active than I have ever been and it does not get dull. If I would have not changed my running goal though, I probably would not be where I am now. Instead I would probably be on the couch thinking about how much I dislike running with my running shoes gathering cob webs. Just find what you think will work for you and if it does not work after an appropriate amount of time, change it up. Hope it helps!