finishing at end of day

Options
My wife has lost 22 since Jan 1st myself 44.5 and daughter 31.5. My question is this when my wife finishes her day it says she will weigh 137-139 in 5 weeks depending what she has eaten. She eats 1200 to 1400 calories and doesn't subtract any activity exercise calories. She has been stuck for about 3 weeks within a pound or two up and down. Problem is she weighs 139. why does it say she will weigh the same thing in 5 weeks, she says no wonder I am not losing.
Mine says I will be 177 in 5 weeks and I weigh 185.6 so that seem about right. Why is hers the same as she weighs now?

Replies

• Roadkill1959
    Roadkill1959 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Anybody?
  • bitterbrownie
    bitterbrownie Posts: 369
    Options
    as you lose weight, unless you are building lots of muscles (which you need a calorie surplus for) you will need to consume fewer calories...if you don't adjust your calories on MFP then it will say you will gain weight in 5 weeks

that is the only thing i can think of...?
  • iwantahealthierme13
    iwantahealthierme13 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    Because she hasn't changed anything about her diet, maybe?? Now that she's smaller she may need to eat less calories, she should also be logging exercise.
  • JoolieW68
    JoolieW68 Posts: 1,879 Member
    Options
    I think it's a bug with MFP, not anything your wife is doing wrong. I never go by that number, and I know people have complained about it in the website forum.
  • rchambers2072
    rchambers2072 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Umm, maybe she has hers set to maintain maybe? Idk, really, that is strange.