Rheumatoid arthritis

Options
I have had Rheumatoid arthritis for bout 20 yrs now, I was diagnosed when I was 15 yrs old, and am many medications. I have a very hard time doing any type of exercise especially anything on my feet, I have one foot that if I am on it for any length of time I have to drag my foot behind me cuz it hurts so bad. And I have a 2yr old that I can't even get on the floor and play with, anyone know of good exercises that won't hurt me?

Replies

• lassi_cat
    lassi_cat Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Find your nearest swimming pool. It will save your life. Mine has been the greatest blessing. I do an aquasize class three days a week and I go and float around in the water whenever I can. I can't really "swim" but doing easy water exercise is really helpful.
  • paulywoo
    paulywoo Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I agree, swimming is the best. I have rheumatoid arthritis too and always feel less stiff after 40mins swimming lengths. I try to go about 3 times a week. Sometimes it's a real struggle getting in there but it's worth it in the end. The extra exercise calories also help keep me within my allowance. Take care, hope you get some relief soon x
  • mswn02
    mswn02 Posts: 38
    Options
    Try water aerobics!! It is very low impact on your joints but don't underestimate the workout! You will sweat! I have a 6 year old right knee injury that has resulted in permanent arthritis ... trust me, I speak what I know :wink: