New - how to eat 1200 hundred calories without being hungry.

Options
Hi everyone! I need ideas of low calorie foods that are good for quick breakfasts, and quick lunches to bring to work. I have recently discovered, that what I thought were healthy choices, are high in calories. Thanks!

Replies

• eechyano
    eechyano Posts: 7
    Options
    Fruit, cheese sticks, tuna, triscuts, or veggies are some really good snacks to induldge on. There are more but those are some of my favorites. I personally try eat 1200 a day too but, often find myself under my goal since I work out as well. I portion size everything ! That has helped with not over eating. Drinking water through out the day is helpful too. Water is a natural suppresent for hunger. Eating every 2 1/2-3 hrs between meals can help too. I like to go from the time I stop eating so say I finish breakfast at 9:30...I won't eat again till 11-12:30 give or take. Hope this helps feel free to add me if you want. Can support each other :)
  • emmabrackpool
    emmabrackpool Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    swap beef and chicken for quorn saves loads of cals x
  • ecjsw
    ecjsw Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    For quick breakfast I take 2 Eggo light nutrigrain waffles and add 1 tbsp of Sunbutter (1/2 tbsp per waffle). I can eat that on the run. I agree that cheese sticks are a great, quick snack. I also like Laughing Cow cheese wedges. Great snack: Trader Joe's Rosemary Raisin crackers with 1 Laughing Cow cinnamon cream cheese wedge.
  • superstankazz
    superstankazz Posts: 193
    Options
    Make your 1200 calories consist mainly of healthy fat and protein and you will stay satiated much longer. Avaoados, olive oil, eggs, coconut oil, cheese....I promise you will easily be able to stay around your 1200 calorie goal.
  • nomoreplaying
    Options
    yes, what superstankazz said.
    superstankazz, so funny!!
  • irisheyez718
    irisheyez718 Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    1200 calories is very low. Remember that if you exercise, you can eat more.
  • zoeengland2000
    Options
    I have soup for lunch at work and find that works out between 160 to 200 cals, I have that along with fruit and ryvita
  • aniwani
    aniwani Posts: 110
    Options
    I love eating ants on a log... Celery with peanut butter down the middle and raisins on top it's really good has that salty sweet flavor I crave when on a diet and low cal plus filling! Low fat string cheese is great... Grilled chicken or fish... veggies of course... Greek yogurt is the best that with a dash of honey and a little bit of granola is super yum... eggs, bacon is really low cal if you need salt ... salads w/ a little dressing, Soup that is clear broth like chicken noodle or minestrone is usually a safe bet...sushi is great for low cals and spring rolls... Jamba juice has an all fruit smoothie that is really good I think it's called peach perfection 300 cals for the regular size... Coffee w/ out sugar and a little 1/2 and 1/2 is fine like 30 cals ... tea... club soda... beef jerkey, sausage, beef, any meat really will will fill you up avoid sauces and breading! Hope this helps =)
  • Stephaniedaisey
    Options
    Thanks everyone, I think I am getting the hang of this!
  • kaytlinj
    kaytlinj Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I love fruits and veggies for snacks. I don't them on here because I believe they are high in fiber.
    I only eat them raw though. If i cook them I will count them.
    I eat an apple between every meal and sometimes an orange.
    Celery with organic peanut butter is a good snack too.
    Happy Trails!
  • gabbymom2
    gabbymom2 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I pretty much stay on that amount. Friend me if you would like, and check out my diary.:flowerforyou:
  • GabrielleZelda
    GabrielleZelda Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I agree with Superstakazz! If you eat a healthy amount of protein and fat, you'll stay full MUCH longer.
    My personal fave is a tuna sandwich on whole wheat with slices of avocado and celery + cayenne pepper.

YOU CAN DO IT!
  • tmthomas66
    tmthomas66 Posts: 3
    Options
    I found that eating later in the morning helps me get through lunch without over eating because I am starving. Small healthy snacks can help in between. I have been eating 1200 for about 2 weeks and I feel pretty full.