Polar Flowlink

Options
I am seriously getting a Polar FT60. I guess its one of the best and I'm sick of GUESSING how many calories I'm burning. I figure if I'm spending that much I should get one of the best out there. Now on Amazon it suggests getting this Flowlink accessories so you can hook up your watch with polarpersonalfitness.com. Anybody have this? Is it worth the money (for the Flowlink)? Do I really need that website to sync with my hrm? Advise advise plzzzz!

Replies

• juicemoogan
    juicemoogan Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    Yes i have both FT 60 and flow link.

Honestly if you are using MFP to track your exercise its probably sufficient.. unless you have some set goals, or a training schedule for something.

The flowlink allows you to upload all the data from your HRM watch. all the training sessions, how many cals, etc etc.. and it puts in it a calender type diary for you. Its pretty cool to have.. BUT its not a mandatory accessory. you can live without it.

Its up to you whether you think you want it or not.

I also just bought the Polar Shoe Pod because i run and i want to track my pace and distance. and that information will also upload to the site. So its much easier to track what you've done, how well you've done and how often you have done it if you have the flowlink.

The only issue i have with it is it doesnt link up if you already have your computer on and running and you put your watch on it.
    At least for me, anytime i want to upload my info, i have to restart the computer with the flowlink plugged in and put the watch on the flowlink for it to connect. Thats my only gripe about it.
  • XXXMinnieXXX
    XXXMinnieXXX Posts: 3,459 Member
    Options
    I have the FT60 and love it to pieces! I got it cheapest of ebay. I don't have the accessories or use their site. Don't feel I need it but everyones different. You can always buy it later if you decide you want it to x
  • aminakhan1980
    aminakhan1980 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Gosh, I dont know now. I just want something that is going to ACCURATELY show me how many calories I am burning. I know I need something with a chest strap. But $140? I mean wow. What about other Polar hrms? Is there a cheaper one that will do just what I need it for? Also, does anyone know an accurate perdometer? I would like to track steps and distance. I know there is tons of threads about this stuff, but I just get so overwhelmed when I search on these forums. I just want you ppl to read my problem and tell me what to do lol
  • hughes428
    hughes428 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I have the FT40 and the flowlink. Its great but you can easily access the info to manually download on the website without the flow link. i will say though that it can be dissapointing if you dont burn as many calories as you think (going of standard charts etc) but in the long run its so much better being 'honest'.
  • dasblondie
    dasblondie Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    i have a fitbit....and i love it...it syncs with myfitnesspal and adjusts my calories for my activity....it seems pretty accurate...it will log steps or stair climbing when driving occasionally...but that can be adjusted (if you get one and have any question dont hesitate to ask) but if you dont care about being all high tech and just want the steps/distance whatnot omron hj-112 is very accurate....and is very reasonably priced :)
  • juicemoogan
    juicemoogan Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    Polar's are not cheap...

But in all honesty...you pay for what you get...

If cost is an issue, then definitely dont get the flowlink until a later time where you really feel you "need it"