Water retention..right?

Options
Hello! So, the morning after my 21st birthday (and a long night of sugary and alcoholic drinks), I weighed in at 150. Then, on Cinco De Mayo I made the mistake of buying a 40oz slushee from 7-11, pouring dragon fruit sky vodka in it, drinking that, and having chilli cheese fries and half of a regular taqueria burrito with it. I had a few gulps of Mike Hard Lemonade too, but I found out this morning my best friend had drinken most of it (which is a relief.)

I also didn't make sure to eat anything else that day. So, yes, I did go over my calories.. but not by a huge amount. My question is.. I weighed in at 154 today. 4 pounds heavier. That's water retention right? From all the sugar in my body?

Replies

• strive2behealthy
    strive2behealthy Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    bump.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    And salt from the nachos and burrito. Drink lots of water.
  • secretgirl4611
    secretgirl4611 Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    OMG! ME AND U =S SAME PROBLEM.. and yes! I just learned this today its all water retention.. I too had 2 days of eating badly and I could have done wayyy worse but still it was badly.. and yea I was 136 the other day and now im back to 140 but unless we ate like 6,000-9,000 calories in one or 2 days yea its WATER RETENTION.. Cuz 3,500 is what it takes to gain just 1 pound of actual fat...

I was freaking out too but then I found this:

http://www.nowloss.com/how-to-lose-5-pounds-in-2-days.htm

keep in mind its just sayin how to lose the water weight we gained.. then u have to maintain back to a good healthy diet to continue to lose actual fat.. its worth a try tho, im gonna eat well all freakin week! no more junk foods.. im tired of water gain!