Two NSVs in one day!! YAY!!!

Options
After reading another post on laziness, I was compelled to get off my lazy *kitten* and challenge myself to face a walk I have been promising myself I would be able to do "someday". Well folks, my someday is now HISTORY!!! It was a 3.6 mile walk, most of it being uphill. I have looked at it and driven it many, many times; all the while saying "someday" I'm gonna be able to WALK across this road. Today is the day I DID IT!!!

When I went upstairs to get ready for my walk, I grabbed my jean shorts to put on because we were FINALLY having a nice day (Seattle area). They are a size 18 and are getting TOO BIG!! Three months ago when I started this journey, I couldn't even get them buttoned....by A LOT....almost two inches!

The scale may continue to lie, but I KNOW I am getting healthier and stronger!:drinker:

Replies

• katy84o
    katy84o Posts: 744 Member
    Options
    That's awesome!! Things like these keep us going!
  • cbeutler
    cbeutler Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    That is great. Keep on walking it will pay huge dividends for your health and weight loss.
  • j77r68
    j77r68 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    great work, you must be so proud of yourself. since i've started on this journey in January i don't think I've ever had as many proud moments as I have in the last 5 months
  • kzooprincess
    kzooprincess Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Yay is right!! That's fantastic. I have a certain pair of pants that are my goal. Can't wait to get back into them.

Keep it up.
  • sheri02r
    sheri02r Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    Those are great NSV's!! Keep up the good work! :)
  • sr823204
    sr823204 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Great job!! Keep it up!!!:smile:
  • cressievargo
    cressievargo Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    Congrats...and I really like the "the scale may continue to lie"...because tonight I'm having one of those "I'm in a funk and I worked my butt off last week and the scale didn't move" moments...and this reminded me I'm not alone in my struggles, and I have noticed other changes. =)
  • Jessintherain
    Jessintherain Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Love this! Great work, and keep it up!
  • Imawonder
    Imawonder Posts: 65
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I can't wait for my husband to get home so I can tell him (my #1 fan) of my accomplishments! It definitely is tough when that darned scale refuses to budge. I'm ready to throw mine out the window!!:angry:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!