Adipex

Options
m0mmytiff
m0mmytiff Posts: 10 Member
Has anyone ever been on Adipex? If so how were your results and did you keep the weight off once you were off of them?

I am on day 5 of Adipex and I feel VERY energized but I don't feel like I am losing any weight. I have been walking over 1 mile a day and eating right ever since I have been taking these pills. Today I stepped on the scale and I went from 172.2 to 176....I am not sure how that can be since I have been eating right & exercising :( I almost think I need a new scale. One minute I was 178 then I stepped off and got back on and I was 176 and then I stepped off and got back on and then it said I was 174. And then sometimes it won't even turn on once I step on it so then I have to keep stepping on & off until it comes back on. Its very frustrating.

Replies

• Lleldiranne
    Lleldiranne Posts: 5,516 Member
    Options
    I have not, but I have to admit it sounds suspiciously like a drug in a Dr Who episode where the fat just "walked away" ... literally. A bit creepy. Sorry, other than a laugh (I hope), the only thing I can suggest is new batteries (my scale did the same right before it died)
  • bcampbell54
    bcampbell54 Posts: 932 Member
    Options
    Adipex is phentermine. It's supposed to be an appetite suppressant.
    Is your appetite suppressed?
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    I have not, but I have to admit it sounds suspiciously like a drug in a Dr Who episode where the fat just "walked away" ... literally. A bit creepy. Sorry, other than a laugh (I hope), the only thing I can suggest is new batteries (my scale did the same right before it died)
    You mean this guy?
    doctor-who-adipose-alien.jpg
    I always think of Adipose too. I would be totally OK with my fat walking away and becoming cute baby aliens.
  • Atsumi
    Atsumi Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Hey, I have tried Apidex and I lost 20 lbs, however I didn't keep it off due to medical reasons. Apdipex is an appetite suppressant, so once you stop taking it you will start feeling the hunger pains.
    As far as the increase in weight you could be retaining water or the increase in exercise will also cause the numbers on the scale to go.

You will probably notice you are losing inches based on how your clothes feel (fat loss) before weight loss, .. I think you are off to a great start keep it up and you will see and feel your hard work paying off.
  • m0mmytiff
    m0mmytiff Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    LOL that was so funny! But I hope my fat just walks away!! HAHA. And yeah I am going to change my batteries tomorrow in my scale and see if that works.

& yes taking this pill has made me not hungry to the point where I have to force myself to eat something.

& yes I have noticed my jeans have been fitting loosely also :) Which is a plus! lol
  • Southernbelle90
    Options
    I've been on Adipex off and on for about 2 months. I lost about 30lbs with it and still continually loosing. I only take half a pill a day- a whole pill made me not eat at all (not healthy!) The only downside to stopping its use (for me) is the groggy/sleepy/lazy feeling I get when I don't take it. Other than that I love it. Keeps me going all day and I drink like ive been deprived of water for days lol.
  • Southernbelle90
    Options
    oh! I forgot. I took adipex one month - then switched to the pill that is on the shelves at walmart called "Fasting". They work exactly the same as Adpiex without the expensive doctor visit and Rx. I believe they are $25 for a month supply. (hope this helps and good luck!!!!)
  • mrswarrick
    mrswarrick Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Get a new scale...
    I had one that consistently gave me confusing results- like how did I lose 4 lbs in 30seconds standing here. If it were that easy I would stand beside that thing all day! :laugh: