Losing inches/fat off HIPS & THIGHS...

Options
My main problem area is my hips and thighs, I know you cannot spot reduce but .. being pear shaped, I would LOVE to hear any tips or what workouts or as far as macros you watched for has helped you with success in losing inches or fat off that area?

Replies

• Niki130
    Niki130 Posts: 85
    Options
    5183cz.gif
  • JenAiMarres
    JenAiMarres Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    ^^^^^^^ squats IMO makes them GROW, at least that was my experience...how about cardio...?? I feel slimmer doing cardio in those areas....combined with eating clean!
  • AmandasJourney2012
    Options
    ^^^^^^^ squats IMO makes them GROW, at least that was my experience...how about cardio...?? I feel slimmer doing cardio in those areas....combined with eating clean!

agree!!
  • Shfiftyfive
    Shfiftyfive Posts: 261
    Options
    You don't get to choose where the fat comes off of when.
  • nehushtan
    nehushtan Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    You don't get to choose where the fat comes off of when.

He's right. You just need to keep to your budget and you'll be fine.
  • zenchild
    zenchild Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    I've heard jumping rope is excellent for your legs. It's part of all my Jillian Michaels DVDs and my legs are getting slimmer. My calves are beautifully cut and I'm developing new bulgy parts on the back of my thighs. I'm fine with my thighs being big as long as it's muscle.
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    Squats and lunges do not make them grow..Esp if you are eating in a deficit. It's still the fat on there that is making them look bigger combined with water retention from lifting. If you lose the fat , so the muscle shows, and get the water retention to go down, then they won't look as big.

I should know.. I'm a pear, and between lifting weights(squats, lunges included) doing cardio and eating a deficit, I've slimed down my hips and thighs a ton.

Edited to add: I weigh the same as I do 4 years ago, yet I am 6 sizes smaller due to the muscle that I have retained/the little bit I put on.
  • MajestyGisMe
    MajestyGisMe Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Haven't tried myself but have seen that infomercial called "brazilian butt lift" and they have a lot of women on their that claim to have the same problem areas. You should youtube it or google it. Hope that helps.
  • Drawberry
    Drawberry Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Honestly, you can't just 'spot reduce' fat. That's not really a 'thing' that happens. You can strengthen and build endurance, squats will definitely build endurance-I went from barely being able to get past 15 squats to being able to do well over 100 in less then a month, they're great for reals :P Stuff like going for brisk walks, swimming, running, and biking can help to build more muscle and endurance but losing weight over all is what will make body parts 'skinny'.
  • bdsweetie21
    bdsweetie21 Posts: 14
    Options
    I would say lots of cardio as well. I am a pear shape too and when I started working out it was pure cardio, and it seemed that I was only losing in my butt and thighs, so I started doing an ab/push-up routine before I do cardio to lose in the arms and stomach. My stomach is now my only problem area because I started working on it later than everything else.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    You are saying that you know you cannot spot reduce, but then are asking how to spot reduce.

You just need to lose BF in general and unfortunately genetics generally decides where it will come from first.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    5183cz.gif

Looks like she is wearing heels!!!