Someone prove to me that 10 lbs loss is POSSIBLE =(

Someone plz prove to me that losing the 10 lbs is possible... I am having the hardest time. I eat 1,300 cals .. I run 3 times a week, I make healthy eating choices.. and it seems to be taking forever.

I would love to hear from anyone who has lost 10 lbs and what has worked for you.. or those last couple of pounds.. please and thankyou.. I am starting to give up :( enlighten me MFP.. please. I need support

Replies

• chachadiva150
    chachadiva150 Posts: 482 Member
    No one can prove anything to you. Losing 10 pounds is very possible for almost anyone.

The real trick is that YOU have to really believe. The first step is to remove "giving up" from your mind and vocabulary.

If you give up, there's nothing we can do for you.

Choose to hang in there. Choose to work your program or make needed changes.
  • KBGirts
    KBGirts Posts: 882 Member
    Start lifting weights!!!
  • JenAiMarres
    JenAiMarres Posts: 767 Member
    absoltely possible...why would it not be? look all around the site for proof if you need it...tickers photos...etc!
  • theartichoke
    theartichoke Posts: 816 Member
    If all you need to lose is 10lbs then you most likely aren't eating enough. I know that sounds totally backwards. Look up the Eat More to Weigh Less group. There's wonderful information there. Good luck to you!
  • gseburn
    gseburn Posts: 456 Member
    I agree with the weights. It will help you build muscles which burms more calories even when you are just laying around looking pretty. :-) Look at the success stories thread - lots and lots of success from people just like us.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,248 Member
    If all you want to lose is 10 pounds, it might be very possible to achieve the body you want with hardly any change in your weight at all.

BUT you'd need a very small calorie deficit (set your goals to a half pound a week), adequate protein, and regular exercise including resistance training. Then track your progress through measurements, how clothes fit, and most importantly, through photos, instead of the scale.

Trying to lose 10 pounds quickly when you don't have much to lose is akin to being stuck in the snow bank and gunning the engine. All you'll do is spin your tires, burn out your engine, and get nowhere.
  • carolinenorthrup
    carolinenorthrup Posts: 34 Member
    I achieved my original goal of losing 10lbs and have moved onto a second goal of another 10lbs. So stick with it! And I should add that a loss of 10lbs DOES show on your body (I was skeptical of this)!

I'm 5ft, started out at 147lbs in February and am now 135lbs. I eat 1300-1500cals per day and try to workout 20-30mins for five days a week. I always change up my workouts: some days I do circuit training (which is a mix of cardio and strength), some days it's just a strength day (pilates and free weights), and other days it's just a cardio day (running or Zumba). I try to make healthy food choices, but I also just try to enjoy life and not stress about the numbers. Some days I eat bad and some days I don't workout, but that's just life. I feel that stressing about exact numbers is just as unhealthy as eating junk food.

Mental health is just as important as physical health!

So maybe hide the scale for two weeks, keep doing what you're doing and don't stress.
  • susannamarie
    susannamarie Posts: 2,148 Member
    How long have you been trying? It won't happen overnight.
  • ummlovelovesyou
    ummlovelovesyou Posts: 1,024 Member
    Eat more?
  • chubbycheekers878
    chubbycheekers878 Posts: 5 Member
    Remember to take measurements of your hips and waist and take before pictures. You may not be losing weight (muscles weighs more than fat!) but you could be losing inches. I've lost 8 lbs so far and have stopped losing weight the past 3 weeks but my waist and hips are still shrinking.
  • korsicash
    korsicash Posts: 770 Member
    If it is that last ten pounds they are stubborn, eat more, lift weights and stick with it. They will go. I have lost 55 and I am at my last stubborn 10. If I can loose 55, if others can lose 130, 200 lbs and all the other awesome success stories with some will power, dedication and belief you can loose 10!
  • TinkrBelz
    TinkrBelz Posts: 888 Member
    Yep...all I needed to lose was 10, wanted to lose 15. Now, it has taken me four months to lose it...but I have.

I think you need to eat more for sure.

I have what I do on my home page and Blog. You can read it and see if it seems like something that you could do. It has been very easy and not a crash diet...it is a lifestyle.

Don't give up...it can be done!!!
  • DemiRaye
    DemiRaye Posts: 37
    I'm assuming that I'm much heavier than you, but I've been much lighter than I currently am and still had an enormous amount of trouble even losing 5 pounds. What works for me (which may or may not work for you) is the following:

1. I do not hold myself to unreachable standards when it comes to eating. I don't eat McDonald's everyday, but at the same time, if I'm feeling like a burger and some fries, I eat it. I just adjust my caloric intake accordingly.

2. I do cardio as often as possible but what has given me amazing results is HEAVY LIFTING. Yes, that's right. As a female, I lift at my maximum at least 3 days a week and not just my arms. MY EVERYTHING! (Thighs, calves, back, triceps, biceps, etc.)

3. I also eat back the majority of calories I earn from exercising. You're already working at a deficit with the calorie goal MFP gives you. Your body can not adequately function like that and will begin holding onto fat in order to maintain necessary metabolic functions.

4. I think this is most important...DRINK LOTS OF WATER. If you're doing everything I mentioned above, your muscles will begin to store water and the scale will not look appealing whatsoever. You have to compensate for what you've done in the gym by giving your body what it lost. You'll pee a lot (TMI?!? lol), but you'll like what you see on the scale.

Just a side note...the scale may tell you one thing, but your clothes may tell a completely different story. If your clothes are looser, you're losing something and that's what matters most IMO.
  • DemiRaye
    DemiRaye Posts: 37
    I'm assuming that I'm much heavier than you, but I've been much lighter than I currently am and still had an enormous amount of trouble even losing 5 pounds. What works for me (which may or may not work for you) is the following:

1. I do not hold myself to unreachable standards when it comes to eating. I don't eat McDonald's everyday, but at the same time, if I'm feeling like a burger and some fries, I eat it. I just adjust my caloric intake accordingly.

2. I do cardio as often as possible but what has given me amazing results is HEAVY LIFTING. Yes, that's right. As a female, I lift at my maximum at least 3 days a week and not just my arms. MY EVERYTHING! (Thighs, calves, back, triceps, biceps, etc.)

3. I also eat back the majority of calories I earn from exercising. You're already working at a deficit with the calorie goal MFP gives you. Your body can not adequately function like that and will begin holding onto fat in order to maintain necessary metabolic functions.

4. I think this is most important...DRINK LOTS OF WATER. If you're doing everything I mentioned above, your muscles will begin to store water and the scale will not look appealing whatsoever. You have to compensate for what you've done in the gym by giving your body what it lost. You'll pee a lot (TMI?!? lol), but you'll like what you see on the scale.

Just a side note...the scale may tell you one thing, but your clothes may tell a completely different story. If your clothes are looser, you're losing something and that's what matters most IMO.

Forgot to mention that I've lost 11 pounds in 3 weeks, and I've been using MFP for 3 weeks.