What was your A-ha moment?

Options
13»

Replies

• MzMandi1025
    MzMandi1025 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    There were several moments, but the biggest one was when I realized that I didn't have any photos of me with my husband & daughter. I would delete out any picture that was taken of me because I couldn't stand looking at how big I had gotten. I was in horrible denial & was convinced I carried my weight well. But I was pretty much hit with reality anytime I scrolled through the photos & saw how huge I was. I also mastered the art of using my daughter to cover my body. Lol. I had reached my lowest point when I found pics of me in High School. I was very active & athletic back then, so to come to terms with the fact that I had put on 125 lbs in the last 8 years was very hard. I want to have another baby & I can't do that at the weight that I am currently at. I'm not looking to be the size I was when I graduated, but I am aiming towards being overall healthier. I need to set a good example for my daughter & I want to look amazing when I go on this cruise to Mexico at the end of the year.
  • threnners
    threnners Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Oh, I had a couple. The first was going shopping and my "fat" size was too small. The second was hitting a new high on the scale. It was then that I was like, THIS HAS TO STOP. I signed up here ages ago but didn't follow the program. Now I am.
  • Devan_Beckman93
    Options
    Hello Everyone my A-ha moment was actually today which lead me to this website.I mean I was aware that I was not being healthy and my weight was bad,but I did not care because I never really left my house. I am 18 years old and I am so over weight it is pathetic. I want to be a happy healthy young adult I am tired of being a self conscious person who has to stay in her house because I am so huge. I do not have anyone I can call on to help me because a lot of people gave up on helping me to lose weight , but today I seriously got tired of looking at myself. I seen a picture of me before I had started high school and I was really thin and pretty now I feel ugly and fat! Any help or tips you could throw my way is appreciated.
  • bast2112
    bast2112 Posts: 63
    Options
    My 3 year old asked if I had a baby in my tummy. I almost cried, and did lose about 20 pounds with good ol' diet and exercise.... only to gain it all back and then some immediately. Two years later and I'm back at it again... actually been on and off the wagon the whole time since! Not sure if it's clicked just yet, but I keep trying and that's something. But I am at my highest ever non-pregnant weight now, my body is in constant pain, my clothes don't fit, etc. So if those aren't motivators I don't know what is!
  • logoode_
    logoode_ Posts: 21
    Options
    Realizing how close summer is... teenage self conscious reasons.
    And bullying. I've been ridiculed for my weight for the past year. Its because of them, but not for them. Its for me, to feel confident and to be fit, healthy, and live a happy and long life.
  • paxetamore
    paxetamore Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    I wanted this to be a change I could maintain for the rest of my life. I simply don't want to be old and feeble and on all kinds of medicine in my golden years. That being said, I sat down at my computer and logged in, Wow, It was the best thing I have ever done for myself... I started MFP June 2011. I am fast approaching my one year anniversary and I have managed to lose 56 pounds !!! ...Yay Me !...I struggle some days but I am determined to get within the healthy range on the weight charts and stay there for the rest of my life....This site is awesome !!! The people are awesome !!! I have met some of the most amazing people....For those of you out there who think you are simply making yourself get healthy...you are also helping others along the way... Thank you ! You truly inspire me support me and encourage me every day !!!... You keep me motivated and accountable . Each day I feel as though I can continue on to my goal of a better way of eating and lifetime of healthier habits.....I Love my MFP Peeps !!! :heart: :heart: :heart:

And we luv you too for all your encouragement and inspiration!!! :flowerforyou:
  • nz_deevaa
    nz_deevaa Posts: 12,209 Member
    Options
    One of them was when I found out the that WWE wrestler 'The Rock' weighs 125kg.

My starting weight.

I'm 5'3. he's 6'5.
  • Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,564 Member
    Options
    Last year watching Jamie Olivers Food Revolution.
    I was 172lbs at 5'5" and i have never been fat...till then.
    I'll have a year on MFP in about 14 days and i'm almost to 135lbs now.